Sunday, August 15, 2010

PoetessWug's Reflection

     It's Sunday morning, the end of the week and the day a lot of people become spiritually reflective. So, I thought today would be the perfect day to talk about something that has been on my mind too. And NO, for once I'm not talking about crocheting!! Wait a minute! I DID finish another scarf!! LOL Let me show it to you first, before I talk about my serious subject.
   Meet..."Soft Confusion"! Ha! Ha! I call it this because it doesn't have any symmetrical direction. It just is what it is...confused!...I took this picture when it was almost done.
     It's done....Or at least I "think" so!!
     I made it from a bunch of the leftover pieces of yarn I had laying around here, and I anchored it with the white. It's going to make some cold and great thinker very happy!! :-)
    Okay, back to my serious subject. I have been reading a lot of blog posts lately. I am amazed at the fact that when people have a forum to talk about something their interested in, they can be so open,...and such great writers too, I might add! But I'm also finding that I am just not interested in, nor do I believe in or agree with, a lot of the things they're talking about!
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging them. I'm just trying to find a way for myself to be supportive, but at the same time not compromise my own beliefs. Do any of you have the same dilemma at times?
    I won't be too specific, but I do want you to know what I mean. (So even if you have read some of these blogs, or it is YOUR blog, please don't specifically mention it in your comments)...One blog poster was REALLY angry about people bringing their little kids to adult restaurants. One was equally as angry about kids being brought to dog parks. Other blogs are showing what they are wearing everyday, and celebrating birthdays, and so forth and so on.
    My dilemma is that I have a definite stand on some of these things, like birthdays...I do not celebrate them. I don't interfere with what others do, but I would not support nor would I comment on a blog that was about the celebrating of someone's birthday!...even though most of the time the blog is wonderful!!
    And as to angry subject matter, like dogs and kids, I get it! I understand your reasons, and to a certain degree "I agree"! But I have a problem with one person telling someone else what they SHOULD do, while using foul language and bottom line unreasoning logic like "you have to do it my way or you're wrong"!

swearing in cartoonImage via Wikipedia
      To me it seems a little narrow-minded...unless you're GOD and you have the credentials to back it up! That being said, I walk this fine line every day of my life, trying to respect people's right to say and feel what they think, and yet demanding my right not to "go along with it just to get along"! In fact I understand a lot of things, but don't necessarily agree with the solutions people come up with to handle it. Therefore I refrain from commenting about it.
   So what do you do when you come across a regular blog poster who now is talking about or showing pictures of something that you don't agree with, or have a strong belief against?! Those blogs that I follow regularly will know when this has happened with me, because I love to comment on a lot of different things and usually do!...The writer/talker in me! :-) When I don't comment there is always a reason. My own reason. My own self-and-God-respecting reason.
     So bloggers, you keep being exactly who YOU  are, and I'll keep being exactly who I am. This post is my way of saying I respect you, but  I won't compromise what I stand for "FOR" you...But then, that's why it's YOUR blog! Go ahead....talk about whatever you want. You don't have to control visitors, you just be yourself! Us visitors will decide if we want to support you...or not! And hope you understand when we don't.

Stand For Something

I heard an expression one time
that made the depths of my heart sing.
It said: "You have to stand for something,
or you'll  fall for anything".

I'm sure that when I heard it
it didn't  mean what it means now.
It was just a thought to others
that before "them", I'd  not bow!

But my life's been taking turns,
and I've grown a strong belief-
that you have to pick a course,
and into something, put your teeth.

You can't be swaying back and forth
like floating tides that ebb and flow.
You've got to really stand for something-
and for something that you "know"!

For me, that 'something'  is Jehovah God.
His laws and principles I've  learned.
They're written deep upon my heart.
They're why my life has truly turned.

So, I won't  stand for 'anything',
because the Bible will explain.
It explains that God has promised
'no more sorrow, death or pain'.

He has given us the tools
of accurate knowledge that we need
to ward off harmful thinking-
and in God's word-this we read.

The fruitage of God's spirit-
We can work to have all nine.
That will help us stand for something,
so, in life, we won't  be blind.

The nine are: Love and Joy and Peace
and Long-Suffering, Kindness too.
Then there's Goodness, Faith and Mildness,
Self-Control-all these we do.

With the knowledge that we gain,
and these qualities that we wear,
we won't just fall for anything,
because we'll stand for something rare.

4 comments:

  1. Amen to your poem and your blog. I have been struggling with my blog and my life for some time now and somethings I just don't want to write about. My mom always said if you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all. Thanks to you I have a greater understanding of how the blog world works. Maybe now I can do something positive with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SnowflakeDreams1, Thank you!!! I'm glad you can understand where I'm coming from. I look forward to seeing where you go! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia9/05/2010

    Because I have a 'do you' attitude I try to keep my strong 'opposite' opinions to myself. Unless, of course, someone is trying to keep me from 'doing me'. Then it's on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alicia, Ha! Ha! I'm right with you, Cuz!!

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^