Thursday, September 2, 2010

Music...Tennis...It's All A Blur!

    If you read my post yesterday you know that I spent the day doing two things, listening to old Motown tunes, and watching tennis! It's been a long time since I was that 'out of it' for a whole day!! When I tried to think about what I would tell you about it today, I realized that it's all a blur! (And part of the reason for that is my photos! LOL Sorry!)
    For sure, there was tennis!!
    But what I remember about the details is that the commentators were in their booth area...
    The tennis players, like Andy Murray, individually, as their matches came up, were getting ready...
    Then, there was lots and lots, and LOTS of commentating...on everything from who would be playing...
    ...to how everyone was handling the heat. And some people didn't appear to be handling it too well!
     As it turned out though, this 21 year old girl, Victoria Azarenka, wasn't suffering so much from the 94 degree heat and humidity, as she was from the apparent mild concussion she had prior to the match! She said, 5 hours later, that she had been warming up in the gym prior to her match against Gisela Dulko when she fell while running a sprint. She says she fell forward and hit her arm and head.
     Later, as the match was going on, she started to feel worse, having a headache and feeling dizzy and having trouble seeing and feeling weak. Then she collapsed and ended up being taken off the court in a wheelchair and transported to the hospital...As you might imagine, this was all that was talked about for quite a while yesterday!!
      After a while, it was all just a blur to me...
    Thankfully, it appears that she's okay. I'm sure she'll be getting some rest, and probably staying out of the sun...and away from sprinting...for a few days. Her opponent, Gisela Dulko, will have to play someone else tomorrow. I hope she'll be able to focus. I'd have a problem if it was me!!! But that's why I'm in my house, in the air conditioning...
     ...looking at the steaming heat through my windows!...And not in New York, in the blazing sun...
    ...walking around the tennis grounds like these guys!! I don't care how great the tennis is,...(And by the way, I'll miss you Andy Roddick! Maybe next year!).. you couldn't pay me to be there this week. Not only do they have to walk around in this heat, sit in hot seats in the sun, and be quiet while they're doing it most of the time...BUT they also have to worry about hurricane Earl barreling down on THEM too!! The winds picking up during Venus Williams' match yesterday showed that yes, indeed, it is coming their way! Yikes!
    I've been trying to stay positive about Earl, but Earl, which is 500 miles wide now and has grown from a category 3 to a category 4 storm,  is starting to worry me! Right now there's mandatory evacuation going on for people along the outer banks of North Carolina. That's still a few hours from me, but Earl's projected path is apparently, at least, going to brush our area. We're about 3 hours or so up the East Coast of New York, inland a little, in the New England area...I'm hoping Earl behaves itself and remains just a 'BRUSHING'  for us! I'm thinking good thoughts for everybody in it's path.
    In the meantime, it's back to the music for me!
    I'm narrowing it down to Barry White, Diana Ross, and Smokey Robinson today. If these guys can't keep me calm, I don't know what will! :-] ... Besides tennis, I mean!...Or writing poetry!!

Ease, By Rhyme

To ease my mind,
I jot down a rhyme.

When forced to think,
my brain cells link.

With emotions on paper,
anxieties taper.

With the flow of my pen,
I'm  at peace again.

And to jot down this rhyme,
brought ease to my mind.

2 comments:

  1. Have a great day Wug! Enjoy your music and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks CinLynn! I'm trying to do just that!!! You do the same today!

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^