Wednesday, February 2, 2011

This Is Not Good Weather For Bears!...Especially Not Wuglyees Bears!!

        I'm with you Kitty! I'm Undecided too.....not only about whether this "stuff" is worth going out in, but even more so, as to whether I want to even acknowledge that it's out there! I cannot believe that it's SNOWING AGAIN!!!!....*sigh* (Thanks to all whose photos and drawings I was allowed to use today. Links and credit to these Etsy shops and photos, which are for sale, are at the bottom of this post)
      We got 7 inches of it yesterday, by way of it snowing all day I might add. And then overnight another 3 inches...that made 10 inches!...And now, already...at 7 a.m. in the morning...it's SNOWING AGAIN!!!...*sigh again!*...They're saying we could get another accumulation of 5 to 8 inches of heavy snow and a 1/4 inch of ice on top of it before we're done!!!
     I know bears are suppose to be good in this weather...
       ...but this Wuglyees bear has HAD IT!!! Grrrr!
     My normally upbeat and positive spirit has taken an emotional beating the last few days....a "BEAT DOWN" for those who know the slang vernacular! LOL My rhythm is off! My elevator is not going all the way to the top! I am off my rocker!...and whatever other symbolism you wanna use!! LOL Oh yes! I'm still positive...but what I'm positive about is shifting!!! ^_^
     If it was just the weather maybe I'd be able to 'roll with the punches', but it seems that everything is coming at me at once! I duck....I bob...I weave! I laugh at the attacks.....Ha!...ha!...Ha! And then.....I get hit in the head, at close range, by yet another emotional snowball...and then a REAL snowball!! ^_^ 
      Oh well, it's fun to write about anyway. In fact I find the writing very comforting. It makes it seem not quite so bad! See! Positivity rears it's ugly head again!!
     But considering what some people are dealing with, weather-wise, we're really NOT having it that bad! Did you hear about the Hurricane(Cyclone) that's hitting Queensland Australia, Yasi,  right now?!!! The biggest one they've had in a century. A category 5!!!
       There's been evacuations for them again! WOW! Rain and floods and now a Cyclone??!! What must they be thinking these days?!...To all those who are hunkered down, waiting for it to hit, who may be scared and feeling like they're all alone, I'm sending good thoughts. :-/
       And to all those in the worse parts of the country here in the U.S., who are experiencing blustery winds, heavy amounts of snow, cold, and ice....you are in my thoughts today too!
      I have some other things on my mind as well, that will, no doubt, keep trying to creep in today. I mean, just because I'm a woman in a snowstorm...
      ...that doesn't mean that the rest of my life is gonna stop and just enjoy the scenery!! LOL I'll let you in on what's going on soon. I may need another "Say What You Need To Say" Day!!!
     Okay, a big "WOOT! WOOT!" and THANK YOU to all of you who've been encouraging me through my "ISSUE" with my family; You are part of the reason that there's still a positive spirit lurking somewhere here! :-) 
    And a big hug and kiss to my hubby, who is outside right now shoveling snow off of our car, helping out the neighbors, and making me smile big time! YES!! He's home!! YIPPEE!!! ^_^
        And a poem!


How Can You Be So Positive

"How can you be so positive
with everything so bad?
When folks are so unkind
and all those doctors make you mad?"

"It's easy!" I assure them.
'Cuz one thing makes it okay.
I wake up every morning,
and I'm breathing every day!

When I can't move a muscle
and can barely lift my head,
I think of all the folks I've known
who now are gone, yes, dead!

No matter what my problem is,
and if I stand or lay,
I'm thankful that my mind still works
and I'm breathing every day!

So how am I so positive,
When things sometimes seem bleak?
It's easy, 'cuz my breathing
keeps on going every week!

Oh yes, I have a choice!
I can be miserable and whine;
Be mean to folks around me,
Be demanding and unkind.

But who would make that choice,
when there's a better way to be?
I mean, who's breathing every day
and writing poems?...ME!

(The header photo of the cat in the doorway print is entitled Undecided by KonvaliiaDesigns; Polar Bear Night(ACEO Original) by pleetart; Hurricane, 5x7 Original Oil by CarmensArt; HURRICANE JUNKIE: 11"x14" Photography Print, Matt Finish by tombland; A Blustery Day-8x10 Art Print by donnageissler; Woman in a Snowstorm-Print by kirayustak)

18 comments:

  1. Good morning my friend! We got a LOT of snow too! Kinda stuck inside today. My hubby is home as well...yay!! Love that you are staying positive! That's what will get you through this you know, besides hubby's hugs and prayers! I'm sending you a huge ((((((HUG))))) this morning too!!! Keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CinLynn, Big Hugs to you to my snowed-in friend!! It's a good thing we have beads and yarn...and, of course, good husbands, isn't it?! ^_^ And F.Y.I. all of my chins are buried in snow...but UP!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post BUT could you stop posting pics about snow?? LOL Yesterday I was asked if I would like to go to a holiday in Thailand and I said no because I seriously HATE flying but now I'm actually starting to consider it! Hahahhaa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mariann, Ha! ha! 'I call 'em like I see 'em'!! If it's snow...and ice...I'm dealing with, that's what comes out in the pictures! ^_^ I guess you'll just have to fly to Thailand to get away from it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another tender poem that has made me have tears, blimey im a bit of an emotional wreak at the moment i think, beautiful and touching words. I am sorry you have even more snow, but just think of how much crochet you can do and feel no guilt about staying in the house ;-)) Stay warm, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. delia, You make me feel so good about my poems!! They're not always the correct grammar, or the most popular ideas, but they are always ME! I'm so happy that you "get me!" :-)...And you're so right about the crocheting too! My fingers have been flying today!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deb! I am with you! We are getting that darn snow and ice you are getting there! UGH! I feel all out of sorts with being trapped for so long due to the bad weather. So looking forward to spring! Not sure if I believe that groundhog but I hope he is right! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cathy, I know! We might as well call this "dig out" weather! And thankfully I know that that groundhog is just...a groundhog! The same as weather men are just...well, weather men!! LOL I think we better just hunker down, and look up every once in a while to see how many layers we need to put on!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear ... you certainly have not had a pleasant winter out east. The inclement weather will not let up. We got about 21" of snow here in Chicago and I was not too thrilled about the whole thing ... but then, the glorious sun made an appearance and our pups frolicked, jumped, wrestled and played in the huge, powdery drifts. All is well :) Just know, your positive attitude is always contagious. Wonderful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie, 21 inches?!! WOW!!! I knew you were getting walloped, but I didn't know you were getting walloped...AND hit in the head!! ^_^ The only positive thing I can say about it is be thankful it's powdery snow. Ours is heavy, wet, and filled with ice...that's going to freeze into a state-wide skating rink tonight probably!! LOL ...Thanks for the nice words about the poem too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent post my friend! I really LOVE your poems! I am hoping the SUN shines for you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kerri, Thank you!...And I hope the sun shines tomorrow too...but I'm not gonna hold my breath! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh honey, stay put, I know the feeling, trying not to fall victim to cabin fever! I love board games! great idea! love the poem to. my blessings extend as well to the people in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Croatian_Latina, I know YOU know! I saw the Iowa snow pictures! It looks just like my backyard...but your pictures are better than mine! :-) I love the photo with the shovel in it. I was thinking: "Why didn't you think of that?!" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a wonderful post! Thanks for including my Bluster Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Donna, It was my pleasure!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for giving us Aussies a mention. I can't believe the weather we are having here lately. It seems never ending, from one disaster to another.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Alittlesprite, This weather really has been crazy! I'm glad that you're alright though. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^