Thursday, November 17, 2011

Cold, Rain...And Bright Red Ears That Are Not Cute!!

       It's 45 degrees Fahrenheit and still raining here in Massachusetts. It's only a light rain this morning, and actually it's suppose to end early this morning...YAY!! (But we may, or may not,  have light snow on the way...*sigh*) I suppose I shouldn't be complaining though because it could be worse. I could be living in the south right now...{my home state of Georgia is in the southern U.S!}...Yikes! From Alabama to Louisiana they experienced twisters last night!...Deadly tornadoes!! They killed 4 people overnight! O_O
     And other than the weather, the news is wacky right now too!! Hackers going crazy on Facebook and on Government sites, controversy with photos of the Pope and President Obama being 'photo-shopped', and sex abuse scandals!!...WOW! It almost makes a Massachusetts rain-hater thankful for rain!!...and for time to sit quiet and crochet!
     Yep! I'm still at it! :-] This little red and white one is not for an adult. Not because I didn't want to make it for an adult, but because I didn't have enough red to make it big enough for an adult! So, somebody's young one...or some peanut headed adult...will have to buy this one. LOL
       In the above photo you can see the size of it. {The pink one is the Giveaway headband, the pink one, that I finished yesterday.} 
       I really liked the two-toned red and white flower on this one. Perfect for a little girl I think...As to the adult pink one...
             Aargh! The pictures came out so bad!! That's what I get for trying to take photos too early in the morning in a semi-dark room...during daylight savings time blackness!! Aargh!! I'm gonna show you the other ones, but rest assured that the headband is not being done justice here! It's a soft and feminine beauty!...
         I'm hoping to get some good photos on the weekend when we get back from....OOPS! I almost spilled the 'Date Night' beans!! LOL
       I'm crocheting a pretty green one right now, with a variegated flower to put on it. Let's face it...you can't wear my creations and hide in a corner. ^_^ You have to like yourself, not be ashamed of being you, and like fashionable unique things...at least a little bit anyway. :-) The way I figure...if your ears get cold enough you'll learn to like yourself OR ELSE!! LOL....Besides...bright red frozen ears are not cute!! I don't care what you've heard! ^_^
        Quick update for inquiring minds who wanna know...I GOT MY CHOCOLATE last night! :-)
         Hubby brought me a small box of Russell Stovers Nut, Chewy & Crisp! Don't you just love hubbies who wanna see you happy...and not crazy?! ^_^ Every single piece...which I held in my mouth and let melt down to the nuts or coconut...was scrumptious!!! My endorphins are all in a happy place, and I slept really well too. I think I actually NEEDED that chocolate!...That's my story and I'm sticking to it!! LOL
      Now...if I could do something about this rain...that I'm not gonna complain about...Just saying! LOL


Massachusetts Weather

Wind and wet, fog and rain;
Nagging joints and aches and pain.

Massachusetts weather fare.
Is this the weather everywhere?!

On real bad days it gets to me;
This 'weather change soliloquy'.

Look out the window, shake my head,
pull up the covers...back to bed!

12 comments:

  1. Well as you said, rain is nothing compared to all the horrible things going on in the world right now. This world is a MESS!!! We need someone to get us out of it! Hmmmmmm, who could that be??? LOL
    The red headband is so cute! I could see my little granddaughter Haley wearing it!! If only she would keep it on her head!
    The pink one is pretty too! I don't think I have anything that would match that pink though, but I like it!
    Nice poem as always. You always hit the nail on the head!
    Have a great day, a great date night and a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the snow stays away and that you are feeling a little better, maybe the chocolate is what you needed :) love the pink headband.

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CinLynn, Yep!...A MESS!! LOL Looking at the news is an experience these days!...Thank you about the red headband. I really like that one too! But of course I would! LOL I just reposted some shots of the pink one on Shequita. I think it's really cute!...I'm glad you like my weather poem too...Sometimes they're easy! ^_^ Have a good day, Bead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bee happy, I'm afraid the snow is a given now. It's just a matter of how much...I hope it stays as just snow showers. Either way...my chocolate is gonna make it easier to deal with! ^_^ By the way, I'm glad you like the pink headband too!...Have a good day, Bee! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable headbands! They look great.
    My hubby brings chocolate home when he wants me smiling! It always work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! We had snow flutrries and cold today here in Pennsylvania.Im thinking we were lucky I detest rain in the cold weather.So next best thing snow flurries lol.

    Oh do I love Russell Stovers candy,shouldnt of posted that ha!Love the poem.Thanks for the visit today always nice hearing from you.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Priscila, Thank you so much for the nice complement about my headbands!...And aren't chocolate-toting hubbies just great?! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becky, I'm not sure I like snow flurries better than rain!....No! I don't! ^_^ But I'm glad you enjoyed yours!....And Uhhhh....sorry about the RUSSELL STOVERS 'Nutty Chewy Crunchy'!!!....Okay...so I'm not sorry! LOL Mine were delicious!! And I suspect yours was too!...*Teehee*

    ReplyDelete
  9. It snowed here last night. I do not like cold rain, my joints act up. Love your head bands!! I'm not sure how to enter your giveaways. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, Uh Oh!! Snow!...And so it begins!...Thanks for the nice words about the headbands. The way you enter is to be a follower of the blog, which you already are, right?...and when you comment put "Enter me" in your comment...at least once a day you can enter with a comment and an 'enter me'!! Simple! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The headbands look so pretty. I really like the red & white one.
    I like your poem. I had to look up soliloquy - yay I learnt a new word today :D thank you for extending my vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jo-anne, Awwww! Thank you! I'm so glad you like them!...And I'm happy to help you extend your vocabulary too. My mom used to make us look up words we didn't know...so I'm glad to be sending someone else on the word hunt! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^