Friday, December 16, 2011

It's Friday. Girlfriends.....Let's Talk!

         
       Fridays are the days I'm usually here giving you hints about where hubby and I are going for our 'Virtual Date Night'. But since hubby wants to go to Coney Island in New York tonight I didn't think there was much mystery in that...or much to talk about! Of course he thinks it's just the most exciting thing ever! ^_^
       And since I'm getting such a late start this morning...because me and my 'tigger-ific' girlfriend have been giggling and gabbing since early morn...*giggle*...what I'm gonna do is spend a minute or two talking about some of the things me and my girlfriends have done over the years...for fun! :-) 
      Girlfriends! There's nobody like 'em!! :-) They're the people who when you here them say: "I'll be right over!" make you smile the giddy smile! And when they get there...all time stands still until they leave!...And Oooo Whee! I've had some fun with my girlfriends!!...
   
       1. We've had 'make-up' cosmetic parties...I was designated as the cosmetician most of the time. That's because I'm pretty good putting make-up on myself, so they figured I must have an eye for putting it on them!...Uhhhh! Not so much!...^_^ There's been some scary faces seen leaving my house very late at night on occasion!! ^_^ Every once in a while they would have on flip flops, with cotton balls between their toes, and waving wet fingernails in the air too! LOL
     2. We've gone out to eat...Actually we've eaten at almost every restaurant, coffee shop, diner, hot dog stand, amusement park, pancake house, and dinner theater between here and......Okay! We might have hit every one!! LOL But hey! we're talking over 50 years of low blood sugar here!! LOL
     3. We've gone out dancing...
          
     ...Granted, this was more in our younger years, but we've been known to 'cut-a-rug' in our bare feet and hair scarves on occasion even now! ^_^
     4. We've made jewelry together...I kinda liked watching them make jewelry more than making it myself, but I 'have' made some necklaces on my own! And sold a couple too!... Thanks to that endeavor though, I have enough beads and jewelry making supplies to open up my own store right now! {That's because the shopping for beads and wire and 'bling' is something else we've done together....more than once! LOL}
     5. We've crocheted together...In fact we used to have a crochet club where we would get together once a month. We'd bring whatever we were working on over to whoever's house was designated as 'the place to be' that week, and we'd sit around and laugh, crochet, and eat!!...Well! You need something to keep your strength up from all that wrist rotation!! LOL...Those that couldn't crochet, and didn't have the patience to be taught, but still wanted to be in the club, brought their sewing repair work that they had been putting off...in other words...hole-y socks!!..., or their needlepoint or some other craft.
     6. We've had sleep-over pajama parties...Usually this was when someone was getting married the next day, or moving away...There's nothing like a bunch of homemade tequila and hot chocolate making girls, when they're without children and husbands!!...
   (Qutecraft)
   
       7. Those of you who aren't Jehovah's Witnesses won't understand this next one, but we've made a day of it and gone door-to-door in the 'field ministry'...Most people wouldn't consider meeting strangers all day and talking to them about the Bible as fun! But trust me, when you volunteer yourself to do something you really believe in, and you spend the day doing it with your girlfriends who feel the same way about it that you do, it's a lot of fun!...and very rewarding on a lot of different levels.
   8. We've exercised together....
       
       ...but frankly, I never enjoyed exercising with my girlfriends that much. I can get a little...'by the book'...about things sometimes...exercise included! :-)) My girlfriends have been more...how shall I say...'loosey goosey'. I've usually started out with a completely committed girlfriend partnership going on...and somewhere around week 2 or 3 ended up doing my exercises alone!...or with a girlfriend who was eating breakfast or some ice cream while I went ahead without them! :-)) ...All the while they'd be saying: "Go ahead and start. I'll catch up."...The next week there was always some kind of excuse as to why they couldn't exercise, but a firm commitment for lunch! ^_^
       9. We've had girlfriend days...where you watch movies, listen to music, study together, or read all day...These are my favorites! :-) Although I usually...Shhhh! They don't know this!....watch the movie alone either before or after the day, so that I can actually hear every word...My girlfriend days are not about hearing every word! LOL We talk through, around, and at T.V. screens!! ^_^ We talk about the scenery in the movie, what people are wearing, and what we think is gonna happen next!
       10. Last...for today...we've 'doctored' each other when someone was sick or experiencing some kind of tragedy...divorce, babies being born waaaaay too early or too late, deaths in the families, pneumonia or some such serious illness...even chemo treatments!...Truth is, these have been the times that have cemented our friendships. We've always known that if we could make it through these times intact...and supported...we could make it through anything!!
         I have sooooo many wonderful girlfriends that the truth is I don't have a 'best' friend. They ALL are my 'besties'!! :-) I couldn't imagine not having any one of them in my life at whatever time it was that they were in my life!
        I think of them like little poetic puzzle pieces that make the full picture of my life complete...You ever finish a puzzle and have a piece missing?!...So, my life would not have been the same if they hadn't been in it!...I know you all know what I mean, right?!
       Okay.....rambling over for today! ^_^ ...And I'm sorry to those of you who are used to coming by early in the morning to read my blog. It's now almost 12:00 noon! I can't believe that breakfast and gabbing with my girlfriend today went by so fast, and that I totally lost track of that much time!!!!!.....and then again...yes I can! ^_^



    {You can click on any of the above photos to purchase the items shown, or to check out the rest of their shops!}
 
Build

You can build a reputation,
build a fire, build a stair;
You can build a neighborhood,
build a table, build-A-Bear!

You can build a layered cake,
build some buildings, build a boat;
You can build a website business,
build relationships remote.

You can build vocabulary,
build up friendships old and new.
Build up globe-ular relations
if you really wanted to.

You can build upon your knowledge,
build a table, bridge, or train;
build a step into the future,
or just shelter from the rain.

You can build an awesome snowman,
and not waste him. Make a cone!
Or can build up folks around you,
so they never feel alone.

All this building talk,
shows the things that you can make
if you build a wordy poem...
and you also stay awake!     

10 comments:

  1. Great sentiments! And I agree with every one of them (well, I'm not a Jehovah's Witness so I haven't the experience of that one) I haven't been able to drop by for a while, and you know what? Today's post mirrors my present feelings exactly: recently it has definitely been my friends that have been pulling me through, and your blog post has definitely just reminded me that I don't let them know enough how much I appreciate them. I think I need to do that now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is great Deb !I enjoy having good friends of all different ages and backgrounds!!My Bestie lives in Staten Island learning and speaking Italian. Even though we don't always get to visit as we would like, because of the distance we still pick up where left off when we do. We both have same personality type INFJ which is rare 1%of the population. ITS nice to have a friend you can relate to when often times it seems people dont always understand you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creating Trouble, Hello there! I'm so glad you found some encouragement to let your friends know how much you appreciate them in today's post. I think all of us can do better in that department...especially considering what a powerful role our friends play in our life!...Now, go talk to those girlfriends! ^_^ And thank you for such a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, I'm so glad you've had so much fun with your girlfriends over the years. Including today, of course! LOL
    I did miss my morning fix reading your blog though.
    Have fun on Coney Island tonight. We're doing Split Pea Soup and hoping hubby is feeling better.
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lilly Things, Hello!...You know I enjoy having friends of all different ages and backgrounds too!! :-) It makes our lives very rich, doesn't it?!...And your bestie and us could pass by each other tonight...with us going to Coney Island and all! ^_^ But neither of us speak Italian...yet!...By the way, I had never heard of the personality type test...until now. I just Googled it! ^_^ Fascinating! I saw a lot of myself in it too!...You're fortunately to have a friend like her!...and all your other friends too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CinLynn, Hello there!...Yes I have had fun! And I know that if we knew each other in person you would've been in our group too!...if you like to eat, craft, listen to music and watch old movies that is! ^_^ Sorry about being so late getting the blog up this morning. One day a year can be forgiven, right?! :-] ...I can't believe your hubby still hasn't shaken that thing!!! I sure hope he gets to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie G, says: (copied by me, for her, from another site)...

    "Thanks a million. Your blog is awesome. I love everything about it, the colors, the layout and particularly your insightfulness."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie G, Debbie, Awwwww! It was my pleasure to share your beautiful pillow!...And that's so nice of you to say such sweet words about my blog!! :-] You have a good weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb, I am so fortunate to have a friend like you too :) I remember a while back you shared a story and had so much courage , you have no idea how that helped me :) Thank you Mucho Agape!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lilly Things, Awwwww!...Really?!...What story was that?!...I didn't even know! O_O And mucho love back atcha too! :-]

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^