Saturday, March 24, 2012

Breathe!...*inhale*......Breathe Some More!

       Yeah! This is where hubby and I should've been yesterday for our 'Virtual Date Night'!.......Grenada, the Spice Island! But instead this is where Vicki, of the blog 2Bags Full, and her husband were! They went on a cruise, and she shared some of the photos of their trip on her blog yesterday. {Just click on the above header photo to go over and check out the rest of the photos....Well worth the click away! Trust me! ^_^}
     But Oh Noooooo! Hubby and I weren't away on some tropical island. We were here.....home.....in total mental frustration! O_0 Yeah, you guessed it...more bad news...*sigh*...Hubby took the car we were given, a little while ago, over to get it inspected, so that we could get it on the road and give my sister's vehicle back to her...{She's been so great about loaning it to us for almost a month now!}...and click, bang, boom!.....it didn't pass inspection! O_O
      Apparently the mechanic thinks there may be a leak in the brake line, because the emergency brake wouldn't hold during the inspection...*sigh*...We strongly resisted the urge that was coming over us fast to throw our hands up, get in the bed and pull the covers up until next week, or to go on a verbal tirade about: "What else?!!!!....What else is gonna happen now?!"..."Is somebody after us or something?!"....because...I mean...what would be the point of doing that, right?!
      But then.....THE VERY SAME DAY!!!!!...we got hit again.....literally!!! Aargh!!!!!...There was a chain reaction accident on the highway. The car in front of the car, that was in front of hubby, in order to not have an accident, threw on her brakes....HARD!....Then the car in front of hubby did the same thing...Then hubby did the same thing......Blam!......Blam!........Blam!....Then the car BEHIND hubby did the same thing!.....BLAM! :-(  Hubby, in my sister's vehicle, got it from the front and the back! ;'_';
       Okay, let me give you our life over the last three or so weeks in a nutshell:

1. Hubby got fired
2. We were told we would get his 4 weeks vacation pay and our annuity....neither has happened!
3. Unemployment has denied his claim...but we're appealing it.
4. His representative is suppose to be helping with the appeal in the allotted days we have to do it...but after 4 phone calls to his office this week, and no return message, we don't know where we stand, or if anything has actually been filed! :-(
5. The car didn't pass inspection.
6. Now there has been an accident in the vehicle we borrowed!!! (Thankfully my sister's vehicle was not very badly damaged...but the car that hit it from behind was!))
              
            Now that you're all caught up!..... ^_^ ...let me say I know how bad it sounds, but guess what?!....We're still in a positive mood!...That's how crazy people roll you know!!! LOL...But seriously...we're remembering that some of our friends are battling terminal cancer, death, natural disaster (having lost family members and complete loss of property), prolonged illnesses, financial devastation, and debilitating family strife!....In comparison we still have it pretty good!...In this respect, let me give you our life over the last three or so weeks in a nutshell:

1. Some friends gave us a car!
2. some friends brought over 10 or so bags of grocery and just left it on the front door!
3. Some other friends gave us $500.00 cash!....We were able to catch up on all of our bills except one that would have been due the next day.
4. Another friend gave us $100.00...now all of our bills are caught up! :-]
5. Our income tax refund of $1,400 is due in a couple of days.
6. My sister said not to worry about the vehicle. She was only concerned that we were okay. :-)
7. Apparently the brake line fix on the free car isn't gonna be that big of a thing.
8.We have our C.O. this week and hubby is 'Pioneering' (he volunteered some time this month to go out and talk to people about the Bible).
9. We still have each other. ♥ 


          Add to this the fact that I have a custom order to work on that will keep my mind busy, and some other spiritual projects to do too, and you now know why we're still keeping it positive! :-)
         Although I must admit that trying out to be a 'Spice Girl' with Vicki in Grenada would've sure helped my mood!! ^_^




            Have a good day, Everybody!....no....really! :-)


How Can You Be So Positive

"How can you be so positive
with everything so bad?
When folks are so unkind
and all those doctors make you mad?"

"It's easy!" I assure them.
'Cuz one thing makes it okay.
I wake up every morning,
and I'm breathing every day!

When I can't move a muscle
and can barely lift my head,
I think of all the folks I've known
who now are gone, yes, dead!

No matter what my problem is,
and if I stand or lay,
I'm thankful that my mind still works
and I'm breathing every day!

So how am I so positive,
When things sometimes seem bleak?
It's easy, 'cuz my breathing
keeps on going every week!

Oh yes, I have a choice!
I can be miserable and whine;
Be mean to folks around me,
Be demanding and unkind.

But who would make that choice,
when there's a better way to be?
I mean, who's breathing every day
and writing poems?...ME!       

8 comments:

  1. Now that is as close to paradise as you can get in this system! Love their clothes! Reminds me of the International we had quite a few years ago...people from all over the world and the ones from many of the African nations were dressed in the most beautiful colors! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! I hope you went over and saw the rest of her photos too. Sooooo beautiful!

      Delete
  2. You are an inspiration, you know?! I so often think that it's our attitude that can save us when reality is being especially difficult! And I know that you two having each other, your friends and family is so important during this transitional time! I'll keep you in my thoughts!!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! Thanks Silke...And I agree that our attitude about what we're going through makes all the difference...FOR...SURE! But I liked your use of words about this time in our life...transitional. That sounds about right. And transition implies "better" on the other side. We totally believe that!!! :-) So, we're just rolling with it for now! :-) Thanks for the nice words of encouragement on our journey!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow!! When it rains it pours doesn't it! You know who is trying very hard to discourage you, but as I can see, there are more positives than negatives in this case! Yep...and it IS good that hubby wasn't hurt!!

    Aside from that..you have each other, the congregation, a worldwide brotherhood and a great God that guarantees he will take care of you if you put him first!! What more do we need!!
    Hang in there my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeedy, Bead! But what else can we expect, right?!...We have to just take it one step at a time, one minute at a time, one hour, day, week and month at a time! ^_^

      Delete
  4. You are such an amazing person! I love how you can find the silver lining in a bad situation and stay positive. I'm so glad that you have such a wonderful group of people supporting you. Your family and friends are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww! :-] That's nice Jo. I must admit though that I do have my moments! ^_^ You can thank me for saving those moments only for hubby!...You're welcome! LOL

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^