Sunday, March 25, 2012

Family and Friends........A Reason To Smile!


          On this quiet Sunday morning, I wanna take a quick moment to breathe.......and then to talk about family and friends...And not just because of the new treasury that Laura curated either! :-) Although her new treasury  is about Mothers, Daughters, Sisters, Wives, and Friends! ^_^
       It looks like a treasury full of things that would make great gifts for either your family members or your friends...My favorites were the shabby-chic-like mirror in the header photo,...and this beautiful hand-painted wine glass by LynetteSadowyStudios...


         I'm very honored that she thought one of my poems was worthy of her treasury. :-) And ironically, it's my framed poem entitled 'Reasons To Smile'!...


          As any of you who've been reading my blog lately know...hubby and I haven't had a whole lot of easy reasons to smile as of late!....We FOUND some!....Well, we made ourselves find some!...and we were given some!...given some by family and friends who know that life and how you live it is a choice after all! 
         But when you have some of the things going on in your life like we have lately, you have to also freely admit that there's nothing "easy" about smiling when it comes to some things!...That's just being 'real'! ^_^ But who was the lying coward that said that life had to be easy anyway?!...SHUT UP!! LOL
     
      Now, what was I saying?! O_O......Oh Yeah!....on this quiet Sunday morning, hubby and I would like to send a big shout out to my sister for allowing us to borrow her vehicle. Not only did she not inquire as to when she was gonna get it back, but even when hubby had a chain reaction highway accident in it...she still was more concerned for his welfare than the vehicle!
       When hubby drove her vehicle home yesterday, she was as sick as a dog!...Another victim of the cold/flu/THING/whatever it is!! O_0 ...And STILL...she got in the car and drove him back home!...25 minutes away!! O_O...I know that I've told you all about some issues me and my sisters have had over the last year or two, but it's times like this that make me realize why I keep trying to get close to them! 
       When the chips are really down, and it's either the world or us.....we all choose us! :-) ....White flags go up, loving care is given and received in the spirit to which it is intended, and after all enemies are battled and conquered..the war...so to speak...will resume! ^_^ At the moment we're all enjoying a "cease fire". LOL...It's so fun having a Love/Hate relationship with family, isn't it?!......NOT!....Right now though, it's all about the love!!...Enemies....SHUT UP!!!! ^_^
      As to my friends, "You Floor Me!" :-] However did we get fortunate enough to get friends who, while struggling through their own problems in life, have love enough to take the time and money they work so hard for, the hugs, kisses and prayers too, to share them so freely with us?!...Words cannot express what ease of mind you're giving us...daily! ^_^
      No, you're not removing all of our stress. And, unfortunately, we can't remove all of yours. But if we have to have stress in this world...which SOMEBODY has decided we do!! Ha! Ha!...it's nice to have the stress right alongside reasons to smile because of having great friends like you! ♥♥♥ We love you dearly!!!! And we look forward to the privilege in the future to bolster you up during your hard times, as you are so lovingly doing for us right now! :-)
      Okay.....what did you expect besides 'sap' when I started the post with "On this quiet Sunday morning"...?!! Ha! Ha! YOU know I'm never quiet!!! ^_^...But for those of you not needing sappy words to smile about, I leave you with this!...


Reasons To Smile

I don't really need a reason,
to let out a great big grin;
But I do from time to time,
just to exercise my chin.

Sometimes I do it just to see
what reaction I will get,
in the places where I've gone,
and the people that I've met.

Sometimes it's just for me!
To amuse some silly thought;
Or to show just how excited
I have been at what I bought.

Sometimes a smile can change my mood,
when weather forecasts make me blue;
Or when I see a baby playing!
Oh yes! Oh Yes! I smile then too!

Truth is, I really don't need a reason.
Frowns just,frankly, aren't my style.
I could sit and write about it,
But even that would make me smile.

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that your family is there for you two. I think it's so sad when we can't get along with those who share not only our blood, but our upbringing, our parents, and our memories. Bravo to your sister! Hope it goes better each day. I hope you get back to 100% of wellness. Have a wonderful rest of this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very glad they're there for us too, yaya!...And you're so right about how sad it is when there's family discord!! But we're on an upswing now. I'm gonna ride the wave!!! ^_^

      Delete
  2. It's always great when you have supportive and helpful friends and family around :) thanks for the poem I needed to smile today, feeling a little blue, you and hubby take care :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How right you are, Bee, about the supportive and helpful friends and family!! It makes a bumpy ride a little less weighty. :-)... Thanks for the nice words about the poem too! I needed it myself too this morning! I'm sorry you're blue though. I hope the 'fog' lifts for you soon. :-) Have a good day, Bee!

      Delete
  3. Deb, glad to hear when the chips are down that your family still comes to the rescue. I guess that is where you and I are nothing alike. I'm glad that your friends are there for you too. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Your poem is beautiful. Have a Great Afternoon and Evening!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me wrong, Vel! We have our moments!!! ^_^ But when push comes to shove...we shove something else most of the time! ^_^ Thanks for the nice words about the poem. And I hope you're doing something really crafty with this wonderful weekend! :-)

      Delete
  4. I think every family has their moments. I know I sure did with one of my brothers. We loved to hate each other but when it came down to the crunch we were always there for one another just like you and your sister. Family can get on your nerves, they know which buttons to push, but they really are the best thing ever.

    Thanks for sharing that picture of all that chocolatey goodness. I'm drooling over my keyboard. I think I'd better go wipe my chin and get breakfast :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I'm sure every family indeed does have their moments!! That's probably why they call them 'family'. Given the right button to push they will 'fam' up a 'ily'!! LOL...But where would we be without one another, huh?! ^_^ The other name for family is 'last nerve jump on-ers'!!!...Thankfully that's only a nick-name!! ^_^ Enjoy your day, Jo!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^