Thursday, March 29, 2012

I Had Good Intentions...Really!...I Did!


        If the gorgeous blue color of LeelaBijou's ring was what brought you over to the blog today, you're gonna know exactly what I'm talking about when I tell you my story....My story that I'm sticking to, by the way! ^_^
       I had such good intentions when I left the blog yesterday. I was off to pull apart some brooches from my Etsy shop (Wuglyees) to refashion into some usable keychains!...But, alas, it was not to be. It seemed like everything...and nothing...got in the way.
      The first thing being LeelaBijou's shop... ^_^ ...which I came across when I was in my shop getting ready to relist a few items that had expired...before I went to get started on my brooch projects offline....Did you see that ring in the header photo?!...Come on! Wouldn't that have side-tracked YOU...at least for a minute?!...No?!...What about if you saw this one too?!...


       Well, that's what happened to me!...at first!...Then I got all crazy side-tracked with these things...






        Then I came across this!...


       ...and it reminded me...Uh Oh!...you've wasted so much time! You've got crocheting to do Missy!...But all of a sudden a wave of 'sleepy' came over me...and I had to take a nap! ^_^
       Then hubby came in and reminded me that we had some paperwork to complete that  needed to be faxed to them as soon as possible....So, more delay.

       Then I started to not feel well!...That led to some preventative methods that had to be painstakingly implemented right away!....Okay! So what happened was I had to get a massage and linger over some hot tea! :-) ...But it was a legitimate side-track!...That's my story and I'm sticking to it! LOL
     Then another long nap...the watching of 'American Idol'...and a chicken wing and some popcorn later!...no brooches were even touched!! O_O ... Will I get to them today?!...Probably not. My hands are aching like crazy this morning..rain! Grrr! And my mind is so distracted! {I didn't sleep well last night...probably because the rain was coming!}
      I had good intentions yesterday. And when the plans didn't work out...I re-planned to do today what I was suppose to do yesterday!...At the moment I'm almost positive that what I didn't get done yesterday, and that was replanned to do today,...isn't gonna happen either!..Aargh! I miss my old schedule!! I need balance! :-/
         And between the achy fingers, the scattered sleepy brain, and now..the men doing yard work outside...I'll be good if I end up wrangling my mind around another nap!....And trust and believe, that nap WILL happen!! LOL...UGH!....Me!
     I'm gonna leave it all alone and say:... "It'll happen when it happens!"...No more pressure!....And I'll also remind you all that the Giveaway will be drawn in a couple of days. I don't have ONE entry according to the new rules! (You can read what they are HERE.)
      I sure hope your plans all come to fruition!...Have a good day, Everybody! :-)

 Balance

You teeter totter, in the middle,
Lean a little, OOPS! You're off!
Now you know that you're not balanced,
and you hope the ground is soft.

It's not easy to achieve,
and once you have it, to maintain.
In almost every part of life
our balance is so hard to gain.

You have to balance your emotions,
how you eat, and how you spend.
And when you're balancing your checkbook,
try to keep a level grin.

Staying somewhere in the middle
takes a conscious, careful touch,
because it doesn't take a lot
to go from balanced to 'too much'!

So try to keep a balanced eye,
 a balanced plate, and balanced life.
Keep your feelings all in check,
and minimize the stress and strife.

And don't compare your sense of balance
 to your neighbor's...you're alone.
Because your neighbor's also trying
to get some balance of his own!

10 comments:

  1. I am happy that my messenger bag was one of your distractions!! It's lovely to get sidetracked from time to time, I think it's good for us to have our plans changed sometimes. Thanks so much for including me in this fun story!
    ~Toni
    The Bucktoothed Bunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Toni! :-) Yes it was! And I soooo was trying to read it too! Ha! Ha!...I agree with you that usually it's good to be side-tracked, but I had things to do yesterday. So getting distracted...not so good! :-] But...shhhh!...I did enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. "If you could have Poetesswug crochet you anything, what would it be?!"

    Answer: A shawl! A shawl A shawl!

    Wugs, you just summed up my yesterday as well. Except I was lost on Pinterest, 'pinning' away like crazy. That rings is truly awesome, I love the deep blue colour. I'm familiar with the other items as well (Bucktoothed Bunny is always good for a treasury item!).

    I hope you have a more productive day or just enjoy a less productive one a bit more lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa!! You're the first and only entry as of now! :-] And I didn't know you were a fan of shawls! Good to know! ^_^ And it's good to know I'm not the only person that gets distracted around here too!...Hope you can wrangle your brain today too...I'm working on it!

      Delete
  3. I love the candle holders and those rings! Awesome! I would have been side tracked too. As for the rain....yep! It's coming! My sinuses are wreaking havoc over here!! I hope your hands feel better soon though, so you can get back to crocheting.
    You don't have to have an excuse as to why you didn't accomplish what you planned! It's alright! I NEVER seem to accomplish what I plan! But my intentions are good!
    Have a good day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! You always say the most encouraging things, Bead! ^_^ I'm sorry that your sinuses are wreaking havoc on you like my hands are on me though! I hope you get some relief soon too!...And guess what?!...The only thing I've done, crochet-wise, is box up a sale! ^_^ It's kinda dark out and I'm not doing anything but watching tennis!...and I'm alright with it! LOL

      Delete
  4. I too love the candle holders.So adorable.I love the yarn thingy too.What a cute idea.I have kittys and they love to dangle the stuff.lol.


    I hope you are doing well these days.have a great weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky!...I see those candle holders aren't just catching my attention! :-) And the yarn bowl seems like such a great idea!...Your kitties probably wouldn't think so! *Teehee* Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  5. You must be psychic. I've got sleepy brain right now *yawn* I think I need a nap it's been a long day so far and there's still several hours to go *yawn*
    I love the jewellery you've found. That cuff looks amazing. I love the peacock button and the yarn bowl is very cute.
    *yawn* I really do need a power nap...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooooo! I'm not....*got the heebee geebees you just saying that! LOL...YUCK!*...But I do see we have some same things going on...napping....jewelry loving. :-) I hope you got a nap. I got a few...just by coincidence!!!!! ^_^

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^