Friday, March 9, 2012

I Just Can't Seem To Zip It!


      I thought this beautiful necklace was the perfect symbolism I needed for today's post...Although the necklace isn't just symbolic. It's a real necklace. And it's for sale too!...

      Isn't it beautiful?! :-] ...(Click on the necklace to go to the shop and buy it.)

      My post today, though, is about zipping my lips!...Or, rather, the lack of zipping my lips! ^_^ Teresa, of Hollyhocks blog, presented me with...

        ...a Versatile Blogger Award! :-) Isn't that nice?!...Thanks Teresa!!...Imagine that! An award for talking my head off!! ^_^
     The rules of the award are first, don't forget to take your award! Then the rules say that I'm supposed to share with you 7 random facts about myself, and then pass the award on to 15 other blogs that I feel merit this honor...So, here goes, seven random facts about me....besides the tons of random, useless facts I've already told you in the past...whether you wanted to know them or not!! LOL

1.         When I was in Junior High School, our school used to take 'Field Trips' to different places (museums, parks, zoos, etc...). While most of the kids would be trying to get away from the back of the bus, I would strategically plan to be the first one on the bus so that that's where I'd be riding...in the back!!...all the way in the back! ^_^


       ... I loved sitting in the middle of the bench seat in the back. I could see everything, and everybody, on the bus, and 'hold court' sorta, talking and laughing and singing songs with my friends. :-)


2. As much as I LOVE wearing make-up, pretty clothes and jewelry, and having everything coordinated and pulled together, I am not a 'touch up' kinda girl...


           Maybe if I had some makeup like this (above) it would've been different, but no!...Once I was out the door, makeup in place, that was it! You would never see me going to a bathroom during lunch or something just to re-apply make-up and check my hair!....Going in there to use the bathroom?....Yes!....And I would straighten and check everything while I was in there for that reason. But go into the bathroom strictly to re-put on make-up or fix my hair?....No!...How I left the house was the way it rolled all day!!...
      Some days I'd get home and see myself in the mirror, and my hair would be flying everywhere and my lipstick would be all blotchy...like a bad Picasso painting! And still...the next day I'd leave the house and do the same thing!...As I say, I'm not a 'touch up' kinda girl! LOL Whatever kind of messy look you'd find me in, my attitude would be: 'Don't hate me because I'm beautiful!' ^_^

3. When it comes to chicken,...baked, sauteed or fried,...I prefer white meat. Breasts and wings....period!...


           ...And if it's a choice between the breast OR wing....it's wings. ^_^ I'm not one of those "There's more juiciness and flavor in the dark meat" type of girls...In fact, if it was up to me, all chickens would be leg-less and have ten wings...Just saying! LOL...They'd be sitting on the ground 24/7 and have to lean sideways to lay an egg....and I'd be happy for them! ^_^

4. Also, in the food department, if I could only eat seven foods for the rest of my life, it would be...without question!...
     1--Meat (Chicken, ribs and catfish)

                                  (Chicken Wings Seasoning Mix from CraigsMarket)  
    
     2--ice cream
     3--potatoes
     4--sharp cheddar cheese
     5--pinto beans
     6--corn bread
     7--extra virgin olive oil
             
                 The seven foods I would completely obliterate from existence would be:
     1--bread (white, wheat, rye, etc)
     2--most pastas
     3--rice
     4--rice cakes
     5--dark meat chicken
     6--salmon
     7--whole milk

5. I don't indiscriminately follow blogs. I follow blogs that I know I'll read and enjoy, whether they ever come and follow me or comment back or not...I check on every one of them every day too. Some of them probably don't even know I exist! But I follow them anyway...and enjoy them!...Now, this doesn't mean that I read every one of them every day. Sometimes I can see from the lead in lines that it's something that's not my 'cup of tea' that day...so to speak. But if it catches my eye, I read them...even though I don't always feel the need to comment.
       On the flip side, I delete blogs that have become uninteresting to me, or for one reason or the other does not encourage me to want to read them anymore. It may just be that a blog is going in a direction from where my mind is right now, or from where they were before. It's not about judging anyone's blog or anything like that. We all have our own interests....Deleting blogs doesn't happen often though, because I'm so careful about who I follow in the first place.

6. I have a 'few' quirks....


          ...And those of you who know me in real life, STOP LAUGHING!!! LOL...Okay, maybe saying 'few' was stretching it a bit! ^_^ Case in point:..
     --- I have to have one foot out from  under the cover when I go to bed....in order to breathe! LOL
     ---.I hyperventilate almost at the idea of too many people having keys to my house!....*deep breath*...The housekeeper had to almost go into a key contract before I gave her one!!...And one time she lost it....And I almost lost my mind!!! O_O Thankfully she found it in her closet at home. If it had been lost outside somewhere, she would have had to go into the 'house key witness protection program'!!! LOL
     ---I like all of my food on my plate separated....unless they're potatoes (potatoes can mix it up anywhere they want! LOL), but then I have to mix them all together on my fork before I take each bite. O_0 ......Don't ask! I don't know what that's about!!!
     ---My food needs to be steaming hot when I eat...Not luke warm..Not tepid....Not easily eatable!! LOL It has to be so hot that I have to blow on it and wait for it to cool down. Trust me! It doesn't taste the same luke warm. And it doesn't smell the same, or have the same texture either!!!......Why are you looking at me like that?! O_O
     There are more quirks, but I think you've laughed at me enough for one day!! LOL

7. I love being alone as much as I love being with tons of people! I'm as comfortable at a large gathering with lots of friends as I am sitting at home for hours, crocheting and playing Scrabble by myself....


        ...There's comfort in knowing that I like myself that much. And that I really love the people I spend time with too. :-)
       Okay! I'm almost ready to totally zip it up now! ^_^ I just need to pass the award on to 15 other bloggers......a piece of cake! ^_^


        I could've named a whole lot of others. In fact...all of the blogs I follow! ^_^ But, for now, this is a great group of Bloggers who sincerely merit a Versatile Blogger award. Please go by and check them out, if you haven't already! 

      My backyard will NOT be getting any awards!! It's been misty and cloudy looking...



        It looks like a snowy sky.......It better zip it up!!!! LOL ... Have a good weekend, everybody! And please don't forget about the Giveaway! (Click the blanket photo on the right hand side bar for details.)

Blogger/Looker

They're blogs of folks I hardly know.
Why do I like looking at them so?

I watch their children laugh and grow,
and every bead and artwork crow.

No, I don't do it for the 'dough'!
On my blog there's no money flow.

I like to scroll and take it slow.
An easy read, and 'Peep and Go'!

Updated blogs, all in a row,
and a new day. What will they show?!

I'm not some kind of stalker though.
I'm just a blogger/looker pro! 

24 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award, you are so kind :) it's great to hear more things about you, hope you have a wonderfully happy weekend sweetie

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    Enter me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure, Bee! You definitely deserve it! :-) ... Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  2. Well thanks for including me on the list.Im with you about dark meat,I dont like it with turkey either.Whole milk I cant drink so I drink lactaide milk.I never liked a glass of milk just use it in tea and other things.I love rice brown rice and whole grain breads and pastas.Salmon I love its really good for you,but if you dont like it you dont lol.


    A big thanks for the book I got it on Monday but I was busy this week.I didnt get to read all but I did love the one about Girlhood left behind.LOVED that one!Im such a sentimental slob anyway ha.

    Have a great weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure to include you on the list, Becky! It is much deserved!...And I just wanna say that I know Salmon is good for you. And I LOVE making salmon patties out of canned salmon. Sorta like crab cakes. But if it was obliterated from the food pyramid I wouldn't miss it that much! LOL....And YAY!!! You got the book! 'Girlhood left behind' is one of the ones I had fun writing too! ^_^ Have a good weekend, Becky!

      Delete
  3. Well...it looks like I know more about you now!! I can't believe you don't like bread or pasta. Two of my personal favorites!! I'm a carb-aholic!! LOL
    Congrats on the award. Have a great day! Granddaughter is needing me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! Yes you 'do' know more about me! Who knew there was more to tell, huh?! ^_^ And you hit upon the exact reason why I'm not a big fan of bread and pasta. Carbs! As soon as I eat them...unless I've had a hearty serving of some protein..I get all bloated and sluggish. I prefer to go all day without eating rather than deal with the aftereffects of rice, bread, and pasta!...Anyway! Enjoy your granddaughter today. She clearly is enjoying you! :-)

      Delete
  4. Deb,

    Thank you! I just turned my computer on and saw your email, what a nice way to start the day! I appreciate it.

    Love the list of food you would eat forever. Mine is very similar.

    Have a nice day. And congrats on the award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. H Priscila, It was my pleasure! You absolutely deserve it, with all of the beautiful open rooms I've seen on your blog! :-) And thanks for the thumbs up on my food list too! ^_^ Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  5. Oh My you and i are very similar maybe your my double ;-) I to have to have all my food separated on my plate i then like to add it on to my fork a little bit of everything ;-)) That did make me laugh when i read that. I to can't eat bread or pasta and no meat or fish. But i am a vegetarian though. But the bread and pasta is a def no no it gives me a very bloated tummy. Its great to read a little bit more about you. I can also relate to the blogging answer i only follow blogs that inspire or i share an interest with. Even if people follow me im afraid i wont follow them back if i have nothing in common with them. Thank you so much for the award that was really thoughtful of you. I decided last year to keep my blog award free i hope you don't mind but i will mention you again ;-) Have a lovely weekend and thank you, dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! Yes! Hello double! ^_^ Hubby and I had a conversation about the silly quirks people have. Ones that they think only they have! As I say, we're more alike than we are different! :-)) By the way, the bread, rice and pasta does the same thing to me! In fact, if I go all day without eating anything and just drinking water I feel so much better!! Why do we have to eat anyway?! LOL...About the blog award, no problem. I work from a place of MY intention. My intention was to let you know how much I appreciate the versatility of your blog...You do YOU! :-)) And have a good weekend!

      Delete
  6. Deb, thank you for the award. Wait till you read about me your going to think crazy....LOL..... Well now I know you a bit more about you and I still love you and your blog. We are a little bit alike maybe that is why we have gravitated to each others blogs....LOL.... Have a Great Day!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure to give you the award. You are the epitome of versatile!...And I can't wait to read about you!..Hello crazy! Meet crazy me! LOL...Have a good rest of the day, Velma! ^_^

      Delete
  7. See this is why you get this award!! I so enjoy reading your blog as I never know what's going to come up. It makes it fun!! ANd thanks for the mention too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thank you Teresa! :-] I'm so glad you enjoy reading all of my shenanigans!...And between you and I, I never know what's gonna come up on the blog either! LOL I just go with the flow!

      Delete
  8. Wow...What a fantastic, beautiful blog! I'm honered to be a part of your blog! Thank you so much for including me with all of your selections:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you soooo much! ^_^ And I was honored to have your beautiful necklace here too! :-) Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  9. It was great learning something new about you :) Well lots of things really.
    I was the same as you when it came to riding on the bus. I loved being up the back too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! ^_^ I amaze myself sometimes at t he ability I have to store so much nonsense about myself up in this head!! LOL

      Delete
  10. Anonymous3/10/2012

    aww thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a shame :-),
    you commented on elisa's blog you awarded her blog.
    on place # 6.
    guess she has a job to do ?

    just kidding, glad you didn't award my blog.
    (http://svinisce.blogspot.com, made by a simple dutchman living in croatia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ???? I'm not completely sure I understand your comment....but I'm guessng you know her and you're just kidding, right?! ^_^ I LOVE her blog!...Thank you for the comment anyway! Ha! Ha!

      Delete
  12. Sorry I missed this. I've been out of touch for a few weeks now. Mom's house will be turned over to a realtor this week. And, hopefully, won't need anymore TLC.
    I appreciate you're mentioning me here though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!..I know you've had your hands full. I'm glad it's moving along for you though. :-)

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^