Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"I'm A Wanderer...!"........Says My Mind.


      I'm having another one of those mornings! I didn't sleep that good, and my mind is wandering all over the place!...And while it sounds like it could be a really frustrating thing, the truth is...I'm having a good morning! :-)
      I guess part of the reason for that is my hubby. :-) If you're an old....scratch that!...'old-ER' woman, like myself, and you wake up at 4 a.m. thinking about platypuses and belly buttons, it's good to have a man laying next to you with a sense of humor and nothing but time on his hands!....Time to ponder the universe...of your mind...with you, and tell 'crazy' when to take a left turn! ^_^
      Not everything this old brain of mine is pondering is bad...certainly not as bad as the quick news update I just saw! O_O A wall of smoke engulfing a town.....and a man fell into a vat of mud in my home state of Georgia!....*talk about wandering off!*...No, some of the wanderings of my mind are kinda nice. :-] Like thinking back on all the pretty butterflies I saw in SpotLightJewelry!...

         Just looking at the photo above I can see that her mind wandered in all of the same places mine did when I was thinking about all of the different places you can wear a cute little paper butterfly!... :-)...But hers went even farther than mine!
        Look at these cute little butterfly hair clips...

        Wouldn't they look great in a bride's hair on her wedding day?!...

       Sooooooo pretty! :-]

       And while we're at it,...putting butterflies in our hair...why not put some flowers on our fingers too!...


         I really love a flower!!...even if they're not crocheted! ^_^ ...and these come in so many pretty colors too!...

            (Just click on the photos to go and see them up close and personal.)

          Speaking of flowers, my crocheted flower headbands sold! :-) The customer loved them both, and bought them last night!...



         O_O Did my mind wander too far out in the woods, too fast for you?!......Okay, how about this?!...

        They're ceramic woodland animal rings...also from SpotLightJewelry!...As you can see...my mind was doing a lot of wandering around in her shop last night! ^_^

        I have to admit to you that a lot of the wanderings of my mind started yesterday. It was a day of highs and lows...

---We got our tax refund in the mail finally...YAY!!!...a high!

---Hubby got a call to go to his old job to pick up his vacation pay check!...YAY!.....No!...They're not giving him the 4 weeks vacation pay he's owed. They pro-rated it according to the month he started working  there, and instead of the over $2,000 we thought it would be...it's around $300. :-( ...a low.

---We found out that there's a 'transitional program' for people in our situation, and we'll be able to get some financial help on a regular basis. Hubby may even be able to get paid to take care of me...like he's being doing all along, without pay! :-) ...YAY!...It's not exactly a high, but it's not a low!

---Our unemployment compensation is looking sketchy. The company appears to have really cut our legs out from under us...so to speak. It's kinda sad for hubby too...after 17 years of hard work, ridiculous hours with no extra pay, and contracts that took away hundreds of dollars a month from him, with the promise of getting it back later...and now here it is "later"...and he's gonna see none of  his money back! :-( ...a Low!

        Enough of that! Sometimes the wandering just has to stop and you just need a good laugh! ^_^ And that's what hubby and I did when I said this to him this morning:

      "I don't know what's wrong with my mind this morning!...My mind feels like an old lady that woke up out on the highway,.....in her nightie...barefoot...with her hair flying all wild...and wondering why the traffic is whizzing by so fast!" O_0 ...a high! LOL
       
I know Dion & the Belmonts were singing about girls, in their song The Wanderer, but I could use their song this morning to talk about my mind's thoughts. ♫ 'they're a wandering....Oh yeah, a wandering....all around round round round round!' ♫ Ha! Ha!



       I even wrote a poem about it. (below)...Have a good day, Everybody! :-) And if your mind wanders off like mine....tell your old lady to wear a jacket, will ya! ^_^

My Mind Went A Wandering

After barely any sleep,
and dreams I find that I am pondering,
my mind is on a journey,
skipping rocks and out a wandering.

It's acting sorta senile,
like an old lady in her nightie,
barefoot on the highway,
thinking she's all high and mighty.

I'm contemplating platypus
and belly buttons too.
All this while thinking fingernails
are not that good to chew.

It's probably not a good thing
that it's gotten so far from home.
Especially all uncovered,
and now clearly needing a comb.

18 comments:

  1. Good Morning!
    highs and lows in your post today but sounds like you do have a good attitude my friend.
    yay on your sold headbands.
    Spring here has brought high winds and with warm temperatures we had two fires in the mountains yesterday, the smell of smoke penetrated our home. You are right, when you see things like these it puts your life in perspective.
    Have a good day!
    You are so good with words, good poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning to you, Elisa! :-] Yeah, We're trying to take it as it comes. There's no benefit to worrying about things you can't do anything about anyway, right?!...I'd be doing more worrying if the smell of smoke was permeating my house!...YIKES!...Just try to keep your eyes open, and be ready to 'jet' if you have to! O_O Life...yeah!...By the way, thanks for the nice comment about my poetic wandering words too! ^_^ Have a good day!

      Delete
  2. great post! my mind wanders too, and everybody seems to call it daydreaming!!! I am not dreaming, I am thinking deep thoughts I tell ya! lol! any who, I liked your poem at the end. keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ Welcome to the mind-wanders club'! And no! it's not daydreaming! At least mine isn't. I'm thinking deeply also.....it's just thinking deeply as my mind goes for a little stroll, that's all! LOL...Thanks for the nice comment, and the poem love too! :-) Have a good rest of the day!

      Delete
  3. Cute poem!! I have a wandering mind myself. But it wanders in the most inappropriate times....meetings, reading Bible and literature, when people are talking to me...(shaking my head). I'm a mess!!!

    Have a great day my friend! I will...after I get that nap.

    By the way...I'm glad you're getting some help! AND at least you have a small amount of money coming in. Jehovah will take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ I'm glad you like my silly poem! Thanks for the feedback about it. Only a true member of the 'mind-wanders club' could appreciate it! ^_^ I'm afraid this world is giving my 'focused thoughts' a workout...as in 'what is a focused thought anymore?'!! LOL...Maybe more frequent naps is the cure! ^_^ I'll work on that...I'll leave everything else up to Jehovah! :-)

      Delete
  4. Deb, Sorry to hear that your husband is getting cheated out of what is rightfully his. The big corporations do this every time and they continue to get away with it. It happened to my husband too when the mill burned down he was one day shy of receiving his vacation pay. If the mill would have burned down one day later he would have gotten his vacation pay and he had been with them for twelve years. Ok so thats here nor there. I will keep you in my prayers. Love the poem. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Velma...I can see from your comment that you know "exactly" where we are right now!...But it appears that your hubby found his way out of it, and we know that we will too! You can't keep a Wug down! ^_^ As to looking for 'fair' in this day and age...it's an exercise in futility most of the time when you're dealing with companies. But thankfully that's not where our strength comes from! ^_^ We'll keep our trust where we know it'll reap the best dividends! :-)...Thanks for the nice words about the poem too, Vel! :-) Have a good rest of the day!

      Delete
  5. Wow, Deb, that sounds like such a tough situation and I bet its hard not to get angry and frustrated. I totally admire your and your husband's good humor and positive attitude! I am so glad you have each other!! I'll keep you both in my thoughts with hopes for much better times to come!! Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Silke...Yes, it's tough, but we work at not letting things stay with us too long. It won't change what people do. It'll only keep us in a bad state of mind. So...we move on and just try to do the best we can. :-] As you say though, I'm glad we have each other.

      Delete
  6. P.S. Love your headbands and your poem!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why your costumer got 2 headbands. they are cute!
    Love the bride's hair.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thanks Priscila! ^_^...And I love the bride's hair too!...Have fun running between raindrops today! :-)

      Delete
  8. Love the poem. It's rather cute. A big BOO to hubbys old workplace. Shame on them for not coming to the party and paying him what he is truly worth. Yay for tax refunds!
    I hope that hubby is able to get paid to look after you. That's what I get. It's called a Carers Payment here. I get paid to look after Mark. I also get a Carers Allowance to look after Brodie. Every little bit helps :)
    I love all the butterflies you shared. The hair clips look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thanks about the poem, Jo! ^_^ As you can see, it was a wanderer too!...I also like the big "Booooo!" for hubby's job! ^_^ And I'm hoping it'll be less of a big boo in a couple of weeks when he gets his unemployment compensation, but I don't know. O_0 All of the paperwork is in for things now though, so we're just waiting to see what happens! There's nothing else we can do...so we're doing it! LOL...By the way, I like the name "Carers Payment". That's spot on!...I do hope we're eligible for that. No one can take care of me as well as him!...We're sorta like butterflies ourselves right now...morphing into something beautiful, I hope! ^_^

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^