Friday, March 2, 2012

Just Taking A Moment......


       I'm in slow motion today...as you no doubt can tell by the lateness of my post! LOL...if you're used to seeing it earlier I mean...Having hubby home is proving to be a challenge at the moment! He has on his mind what he wants to be doing, and I have a whole other thing on my mind. Now we just have to get the two 'twains' to meet! ^_^ We need a schedule that works for both of us. 
      Every time I get 'head-down' into the computer it dawns on me that I'm ignoring him. So, I have to get him involved in a project or send him on an errand.....Shhhhh! He doesn't know I'm doing that yet! ^_^ I'm wise beyond my years in the wife department!
        We'll work it out...flip some things....change some order....and we'll be back on a comfortable road again soon. :-) Be patient with me until then, okay?!...


        Sending him out onto the roads today could be another challenge. Not because the roads are that full of snow, because even though it snowed all day, it only stuck on the off-road areas...like my backyard! The city was great about shoveling snow, putting salt down, and de-icing everything as the storm was going on this time....They probably were just itching for something to do! It's been 'THAT' kind of winter!
      But, because the temperature is below freezing this morning, it's a bit icy...And we have another mixed precipitation event due to come in overnight too. So, I won't think up any unnecessary errands for hubby today. LOL


        I need to just keep good relations. :-) ... Speaking of good relations, when Tracy Roul, of CastAwayCollection, did her new treasury of Excellent Promoters...

        ...she included the beige and black men's crochet boutonniere from my Wuglyees shop!...

       Talk about good relations, right?! ^_^ ... Thank you Tracy!! ... And there were some other cute items in there that I really liked too...



      Hmmmm....that bracelet would be pretty to wear for 'Virtual Date Night' tonight too! :-] I'll let you know about that tomorrow!
      Last, I just wanna show you the fingerless gloves. Yes! I finished them!! ^_^

       They're so tiny that I don't know who would be able to wear them though! LOL



      Reassure me.....Somebody will wear them, right?!.....RIGHT?! O_O

      If not, they'll be just one more thing in this house that needs to find a home! :-)) ... Speaking of which, we need to get our taxes done before we don't have a home to live in!! YIKES! LOL Do you like how I added that little reminder for myself right out of the blue?!! ^_^ Now I just have to remember it beyond the end of this post!! LOL
       Okay....I'm off to actually pay attention to my husband, and get some other things done too. Have a good weekend, Everybody! :-)

Have a good weekend!

Spend some time with your kids,
do the errands you been meaning to do,
do a little grocery shopping,
maybe make a chicken stew.

Organize your messy space,
clean the closets, throw things out,
watch a little mindless T.V.,
and replace the bathroom grout.

Take a walk around the park,
play some board games with your friends,
maybe even cut your hair
(but just a little bit, off the ends).

Take a trip to Grandma's house,
do some gardening in the yard,
give new projects a little finish,
but nothing that might be too hard.

It's the weekend, after all;
It's your week's tail, at a wag;
No need for scurry, hurry, rushing.
No! You want this time to lag!

24 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with my hubby, always finding him jobs to keep him busy, the newest one is building a little fence for me ;) hope the snow clears quickly for you, have a wonderful weekend :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! Shhhhhh about the busying of the husband thing!....They don't know how 'trifling'....Uhhhhh...I mean 'wise'...we are!! LOL....By the way, the snow HAS to clear, right?! O_O Don't tell me, if not! Have a good weekend, Bee! :-)

      Delete
  2. Thank yo so much Deb for this beautiful feature. I truly appreciate it and just shared this on my FB Fan Page. Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure, Tracy!! :-] Thank YOU for sharing it on your FB page!

      Delete
  3. I have seen a lot of the first photo with the kitten in the bowl on Etsy the last couple of days! It's adorable!!!
    Even though it's a challenge to have hubby home all the time, enjoy it while you can. He's more important than the computer anyway! And stay in today! Don't be taking chances on those slippery roads!
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't seen that photo until yesterday! It's such a cute picture! ^_^ ...And no worries, I like to complain sometimes, but I actually like having hubby around. We just have to coordinate our schedules better. I'm used to being up at between 2:30 and 3 in the early morning. With him here, we're sleeping to the unheard of hours of 6 and 7!!! ^_^ I wake up feeling like I'm already behind! Then he wants to read and eat breakfast and talk!...Talking, at that hour! Go figure!! LOL He is indeed more important than the computer, though. But I have to make some 'dough' too!!! ^_^

      Delete
  4. The kitty is so cute.So is the rose felted bag love it!But what caught my attention really was the Chicken stew in your poem.You know I never made chicken stew,sounds good.I may just try that.

    Happy weekend...have a nice evening as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?...You've never made chicken stew?!! Oh! You've got to remedy that right away! ^_^ That's good eatin'!! (whichever recipe you choose to make, make sure it has some potatoes and a little bit of hot pepper flakes. And mushrooms and carrots don't hurt either! ^_^ Have a good weekend, Becky! {By the way, your book of my poems is on it's way to you!} :-)

      Delete
  5. Deb, I know it's hard when you have your husband under foot. I find all kinds of things for mine to do on the weekends...LOL.. but seriously later you will see how that time spent together was precious when he finds another job and he is not there 24/7. Enjoy it while you can. Very nice treasury thank you for sharing. Have a great weekend!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Velma, You know, I won't mind him being underfoot at all...once we coordinate our schedules! He's ready to eat when I'm ready to talk, and ready to nap when I'm ready to eat! LOL Something's gotta give! ^_^ But I'm already seeing what a gift this precious time is. I'm not taking it for granted....honestly, I'm not! :-] Have a good weekend, Velma! {By the way, your book of my poems is on it's way to you. Let me know what you think after you get a chance to glance through it. :-)}

      Delete
  6. I'm with my hubby helping him recover from surgery and I know he'd love to be able to head out and do errands this weekend! Instead he's taking it slow and I'm trying to not ignore him while I do the blogging thing! Hope your weather improves and the taxes get done and most of all I hope you have a fun virtual date night! Your poem says it best..I do want this time to lag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yaya! Yes, I know your hubby just had his surgery. And I think the errands can wait. You're in just the right place to have a great weekend! Next to hubby and us (virtually)! :-) I think your hubby would agree. ^_^ I hope it lags wonderfully! :-)

      Delete
  7. I just found your blog through DeeDee's blog.
    And it just beautiful!!!!
    I love your mix of crochet and poetry.
    I am also quite pleased I found it in time for your beautiful giveaway, that afghan is stunningly cosy looking!!!
    It's lovely to *meet you
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! :-) I'm so happy to meet you! I thank you for the nice comments about the blog, my poetry, and the Giveaway afghan too. Make sure you're following the blog and you'll be "in" on maybe owning my little crocheted 'baby'! :-) I look forward to trading crochet chat in the future too!

      Delete
    2. Oops ,meant to mention, I followed, as soon as I found you!!!

      Delete
    3. Ha! Ha! That's good too! ^_^

      Delete
  8. I totally relate and think it's very kind of you not to send your husband out into the elements to get him out of your hair <3 ::wink:: mine spends most nights working or homeworking (he's a grad student and teacher) and on the nights when he can hang out i AM so excited to be able to do so but it DOES throw off my usual routines so much. Routines are comfortable, after all! Well I just also wanted to say that I LOVE those fingerless gloves! They are so beautiful I am SURE you will find some small-handed person worthy of their loveliness! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you about the routines! Mine wasn't ideal, but it sure was comfortable. I guess, though, that when I weigh the routine against the fact that hubby is home and not stressed...I'm good with it this way, rather than the way it was before! ^_^ ...And thank you sooooo much for the thumbs up on my fingerless gloves! :-) I hope you're right about some small-handed person liking them! In the meantime though, I'm gonna make another, larger, pair! :-) Have a good day...one less day to 'Et'! ^_^

      Delete
  9. We've had some "real" winter weather lately too and I was worried about my husband's long drive ho e from work. I understand your concerns. I love all of your features today and the little fingerless gloves too xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katherine!...Yes, I know you have! But we, until this storm, were having some unheard of mild weather all winter!! I know what you mean about the 'hairy' driving too. We're inside this morning because the weather person says the roads are slippery! Slippery roads is nothing to play with!...Thank you for the nice words about today's post, and about my gloves. I appreciate it...Have a good rest of the day!

      Delete
  10. I know what its like to have your other half home all the time. I am sure that hubby will find some things to keep himself busy. Although I do like how you've managed to 'find' things for him to do :)
    I think the weather has been unsettled on a global scale these past few days. Let's hope it all settles down and we get some beautiful blue skies & sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Jo. He's finding all kinds of things to keep him busy. We're finding a nice balance in schedule that's working for both of us...And you're right about the weather too! It has been wild! But we're due to get 65 degrees Fahrenheit mid-week! Sunshine, here we come! ^_^

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^