Monday, March 19, 2012

The Last Day Of Winter?!...Really?!...Where?!


       Hello Everybody! I feel like I've been on a vacation to a deserted island in the middle of the Indian Ocean somewhere or something, with no one that I even wanna talk to...and that being alright with me!...Now you KNOW I was sick!!! ^_^ I've been quiet...and mostly...sleep! I guess that's how sick, coughing, feverish 'chatty Cathies' roll! ^_^
     As of this morning, I'm feeling better.  Not great!...but better. At the present moment, I don't have the fever. But since I did have it last night, I'm just enjoying the break in the beads of sweat while I can get 'em! LOL...Now, hmmmmm...what do I have to tell you?!...


       I hate the taste of water!...I know you're probably saying: "Silly Wug, water doesn't have a taste!"...But when you've drank as much of it as I have the last few days, you become a kind of expert on the taste of everything...water included. And I'm here to tell you that water does indeed have a taste! And as of...NOW...I don't want to taste it again!!...except when it's mixed with something that tastes good...like green tea with honey and lemon.
      Also...did you know that you could cough so hard that you could cause your stomach muscles to seize up?! O_O Well.....you can! Mine did the other night...PAINFUL!! I couldn't get comfortable no matter how I sat or laid down!...Thankfully though, the next day, after massages and just relaxing...and not trying to talk (which is when the coughing spells start!)...it felt fine!


        And...just saying...be thankful you can't hear me, and you just have to read my words. The raspy throat has me sounding like a deep throated man! O_O ...UGH! I lost my 'escalator walk' a few years back, and now....the voice! Although, for some strange reason, my hubby's not mad at it! LOL
       Before I show you the gloves I had been working on before this whole cold...bug...flu....thing!...started, let me talk to you about our winter...or lack there of! I heard on the news this morning that this is the last full day of winter. My reaction was...winter?!....Where is winter?!...We're having temperatures in the 70s all week! And it's been mostly mild all winter here in the northeast. In fact, it's felt like a long...long...Fall! I think we just skipped right over winter! But if they say it's been winter...who am I to argue with them! ^_^
       Okay....the fingerless gloves...

          I made a red one...

       And at the same time I was working on a blue one!...

      I love this shade of blue!

      Now I just have to make the matching gloves to go with them...unless any of you know someone who might want a pair of mismatched gloves! ^_^ 
       Thanks for all of your well wishes for me and hubby over the last few days. I heard about them, even when I wasn't in the mood to read. Hubby's been a good little care-giver. :-) Hopefully I'm back on the road again now...


        ...still coughing my brains out, but better than I've been. For those of you who've had this at the same time as me and hubby...I hope you're feeling better too!...For the rest of you, stay away from coughing wheezing people carrying too many tissues! LOL Happy Healthy Monday, Everybody!! :-) ....Ahhhhh! I missed talking to you!

I Like To Talk

I like to talk;
I like to gab;
I like a girlfriend
free confab!

I like to chat;
I like to speak;
I find that words
are what I seek.

I like the chatter
of a crowd;
Not in a whisper,
but out loud.

But, please no talking
while you chew.
{Speaking does 
have manners too!}

I like the noise
that utterance does.
The constant
conversation buzz.

Maybe I need a
word-free diet;
No! I could not
withstand the quiet!

So, I will talk;
Oh yes! I'll dabble
in a constant
lingo babble.      

6 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back!!! Keep drinking that water (tee hee....don't hit me!) and you'll be all better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ Thanks, Bead....and no worries, me and the water are still 'friend-emies'! LOL

      Delete
  2. Fun poem! I hope you're feeling better soon!

    Thanks for your fun contribution to last week's Limerick-Off. A new one is going strong. Hope to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madeleine. I'm glad you liked it!...I'm working on the 'feel better' part, but my mind's still working...so 'Limerick-Off' here I come! ^_^

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're feeling better. I totally agree with you water does have a taste. Sometimes it can be nice and other times it leaves an after-taste. I've found that each town/city I visit the water has a different taste & sometimes even a smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!...about the water! But I buy drinking water especially because of the taste and smell thing. There's too strong of a chlorine smell and taste in our local water for me! Although I do cook with it.

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^