Monday, March 5, 2012

Mondays Make You Need Something To Smile About!


         I'm aware this morning that anything I decide to talk about is gonna seem frivolous...what with so much death and destruction in the 12 states across the mid-west of the united states, from the slew of tornadoes that came through (You can see a report from March 3, 2012 > HERE <. I couldn't find any more recent video online, but it was terrible!!}...The reports are even worse this morning. :-(
      The lone survivor, the little toddler, Angel Babcock, that was put on life support after one of the tornadoes hit their house, died last night. :-(
         Then there's the Kilauea volcano's destructive path that finally won the battle against this guy's house...

  
       So...be prepared for frivolousness. EVERYTHING could have that title today!...But...maybe that's what we need today...frivolousness...and music...and crochet...And whatever else will give us something to smile about, right?! :-]
      What made me smile yesterday was seeing the tutu in the header photo!...A Paris window with a tutu with musical notes on it! :-) What a great photo!...And here's some more things that made me smile too...Pretty buttons!...


          ...and some cloth-covered button earrings!...



        ...and a colorful necklace!...


        ...and a pretty clutch...


       ...some really pretty feathers (that I may need for some future boutonnieres!)...


        ...a really nice timepiece!...


       ...a fun plate!...


        ...a beautiful color-filled bracelet!...


        ...and lastly, some really colorful and fun, smile-inducing, boxes!...



        Are you smiling yet?! :-) If not, maybe my new crocheted fingerless glove will take you over the edge! ^_^ ...

       Ignore the snow part though, or you definitely won't be smiling!! LOL

       I'm about half way through the other one now. I even wrote the pattern out!! :-) I'm thinking about selling patterns for some of my crochet items....THINKING about it!!! :-)) ... Then it'll be on to the next thing, after that! We'll "all" have to wait and see what that'll be! ^_^ No!...I don't know either! LOL
      In the meantime...here's some music to make you smile too! :-) Have a good day everybody!!


 Reasons To Smile

I don't really need a reason,
to let out a great big grin;
But I do from time to time,
just to exercise my chin.

Sometimes I do it just to see
what reaction I will get,
in the places where I've gone,
and the people that I've met.

Sometimes it's just for me!
To amuse some silly thought;
Or to show just how excited
I have been at what I bought.

Sometimes a smile can change my mood,
when weather forecasts make me blue;
Or when I see a baby playing!
Oh yes! Oh Yes! I smile then too!

Truth is, I really don't need a reason.
Frowns just,frankly, aren't my style.
I could sit and write about it,
But even that would make me smile.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for adding my czech bracelet!

    So glad it made you smile today!!!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! :-) It was my pleasure...And I'm still smiling! ^_^

      Delete
  2. I am sorry to hear about the tornado's again its terrible nature is so unpredictable its scary. Love your header photo that did make me with the tu tu's. Your fingerless glove is gorgeous can't wait to see the matching pair ;-) dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dee. Yes, they've been really causing havoc, those tornadoes. Actually, the weather in general has been pretty bad lately!...And thanks for the nice words about the fingerless glove too! :-) I think I'm gonna be matching different colors of them for a while...now that I think I have enough boutonnieres to make grown men cry!! LOL

      Delete
  3. Sad news those tornadoes are.That poor little girl...how deeply sad for that grandmother.She lost the whole family..We can only pray for all of them.

    Love that first pic sooo adorable.Love the buttons(I collect them)The plate and the clutch are really cute too.

    Wishing you a great new week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-( It really was sad. I thought she had survived until I saw the news this morning. I burst into tears as soon as I heard. But I know she's living in God's memory, so I'm glad at least about that...B the way, I collect buttons too! That where a lot of the buttons on my creations came from! ^_^ Have a good week yourself, Becky! :-)

      Delete
  4. Sometimes we need beauty when there is so much sadness.
    Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. So true!...I'm glad to be able to share some beauty in times like these. :-]

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for including my fine art photograpy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Earth is going crazy.... we're going to have very warm days this week(up to 65 degrees).

    You posted so many cute things here. Love the plate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!...Not crazy, Priscila. Just a little sideways for a while. ^_^ It'll get back to even better than normal soon!...Maybe not this week though!...I'm glad you liked the things I found. And I love that plate too!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for including some things to cheer me up! I certainly needed it this morning. I love what you found :) That pocket watch looks great. So do the buttons and the boxes.
    I hope you have a sun-shining smiling week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure, Jo. :-) I think a lot of us needed a smile today!...And I love those boxes, the plate, and pocket watch also!...Enjoy the rest of your week! :-) And thanks for the nice comments. You upped your entries for the afghan blanket by a few entries too! :-]

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^