Friday, April 6, 2012

Hearts And Decor...And A Little Holyoke Too!


          No rain here in Massachusetts today...YAY! :-) At least not in Holyoke!...I'll take it! :-) But we did start the morning with below freezing temperatures....23 degrees! But it's suppose to get up into the 60s! :-)
       It's got the same look in the skies as it did the other day when hubby took these pictures around town...


        Pretty sky...but not so pretty leftover tree damage repairs, from the storms we had a little while back.




        Most of the trees, even though they're clearly wind-blown, are stilling holding their ground though. :-)


       And if you just wanna see sky around here, and not trees, all you have to do is turn in another direction...or drive down the street...or climb the next hill! :-) ...





        Now, I could've shown you true places of interest from around our area, because we certainly have them!...We have several colleges, museums (including a butterfly museum, a children's museum and the Emily Dickinson Museum), hospitals, airports, 6 Flags New England, Yankee Candle, The Big E, Boston Red Sox baseball, New England Patriots football, and the Basketball Hall of Fame. Not to mention the fact that Holyoke is the birthplace of Volleyball! :-) ... but I chose instead just to show you our sky...and a few leftover trees. Aren't you intrigued?! ^_^
         Something else I can show you...and the header photo is an example...is one of the new pillows from HeartsandDecor, Priscila Peters new Etsy shop! :-) She's a fellow Massachusetts girl. :-) ... and also a fellow blogger (Priscila Peters Decor). I was so happy to see that those beautiful pillows she's been sewing and showing on her blog are gonna be somewhere where they can be bought! They're so pretty! :-) "I hope you sell tons of them, Priscila!"...If you haven't seen them, pop by her shop and check it out!
        
       One last bit of business before I head off to plan a 'virtual date night'  and have some lunch...I did another one of the squares that I got from Jo-anne (Blooming Lovely)...# 6! ...This was after row 3...


        This was after row 4...


        And this was after row 5...

       I'm just finishing up a row of single crochet all the way around (double crochet for you, Jo! ^_^) After that....what will I do with it?! O_O I don't know!...Maybe I'll finish up all of the squares over time and make a blanket out of them or something! ^_^ ...With my time schedule lately, that might be a bit ambitious! LOL I've still got two wrist-warmers to finish!
      Anyway...off I go!....And by the way, hopefully tomorrow I'll be back on my early schedule for putting my blog up. This mid-day schedule is not working for me! UGH!...See you tomorrow....EARLY! ^_^

Describe The Sky

Evoking awe and bouts of wonder.
Such inspiration, you just want to cry.
With birds high-flying, and winds a blowing,
what words would you use to describe the sky?

Would you say, whether clouds are upon it,
that it blankets a wondrous space?
Or would you be more awed and humbled,
hoping there you would find God's face?

I would say that when standing quiet,
looking up at the sun or moon,
there's a feeling of peaceful oneness
that I hope won't go away too soon.

Evoking bouts of awe and wonder
was probably what it was designed to do;
That is, besides giving off light and weather,
and the most spectacular view!

8 comments:

  1. Deb!!!
    Thank you for your kindness.
    I see that you've been busy as well. The blue color is beautiful, just like our sky.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ It was my pleasure, Priscila!...And you're right about the sky today...BEAUTIFUL blue!...Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

      Delete
  2. Dear Deb, well, your photos are great to see, although it's so weird to me to still see bare trees - here everything is so green already! That square is beautiful. And I love that color...

    And, please, do enter me into your giveaway!! What a gorgeous flower bracelet!

    Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Silke...we got hit pretty bad with those storms that came through here! A lot more damage than we anticipated...I'm sure our green will get here eventually! ^_^ ...By the way, thank you for the nice words about my square. I owe thanks to Jo-anne (Blooming Lovely) for giving them to me...Oh yeah, you're entered in the Giveaway too! :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm loving your blue skies today! Ours is all grey and its been raining. Not that I am complaining we probably need the rain.

    I love your square & the colour you used to make it. Looks like I will have to have another go at making it. Now that I can see the square properly I'm sure I will be able to finish it off. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boooooo! Sorry about your grey skies. :-/ I don't know how long our blue skies will last...they'll change in a minute around here! ^_^ We're just enjoying them while we have them!...Thanks for the squares. I love the challenge of them. This one was mentally intensive only on row 4. I just had to keep following the pattern even though it was looking wrong the whole way! Then I realized that the V-stitch was the corners, and it made sense! :-) Enjoy your next go at it! I can't wait to see!

      Delete
  4. We had the same sky today! So beautiful. It's fun to highlight where we live and enjoy the good things about our towns. Thanks for sharing...I didn't know all those treasures were there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's another fun thing about blogging, for me...thinking about how all of us share the same sky, and tracking where the sky is heading day or night :-) And also sharing the local things. It's so interesting getting to see the world...without having to get strip searched or take my shoes off at the airport!! ^_^

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^