Monday, April 16, 2012

Things Come Up In The Most Unexpected Places...And Ways!


         I know it's not a great photo. Hubby used the zoom on the camera so he could take the picture from the window near the house. It's a tulip that's growing out of nowhere!...But here's the thing....hubby didn't plant it!...

        Pretty cool, huh?! :-) ... It's popping up just in time for the 90 something temperature we're suppose to be getting today! O_O My air conditioner is already on.....ready! ^_^ Thankfully it's not suppose to be a heat wave or anything. It's just a one-day event they say...Hey! At least it's not a tornado or golf ball hail! O_O ...Oh, Those poor people in the middle of the country!
        We don't have hail...rain....or even wind...in our area right now...

             
         In fact, this was the view outside my window into the backyard yesterday (below)...

            The calm before the storm....without a storm :-)

                 Just me here, looking out into the backyard...singing 'Stuttering'...Yep!...*shaking my head*...I'm still singing it!...I can't stop singing it! UGH!...It's stuck in my head like a bad loop! It keeps playing over and over again, with me attempting to get the words right!...*shaking my head...again!*
        And who am I singing to?!....You guessed it! ^_^ And he was a captured audience too! We were playing Scrabble. He had to sit there...try to think about big words....and listen to me sing ♫ 'Stu-stu-stu-stuttering'! ♫ LOL Hopefully, now that I've sung it about a cabillion times, it'll LEAVE-ME-ALONE!!!!! ^_^


       The other thing I did yesterday...what a nice weekend! (except for the phone call. O_O)...was crochet! I made a few brooches, just using up some extra yarn...


         I hid the little bit of gray I had left in the center bud...*giggle*...




          And this one (below) is made from the little bit of sparkly yarn I had left...




         I also did some 'serious' crocheting! :-) I made a few necklaces. Tiny ones...


        It may not look like much, but these tiny 'babies' are W-O-R-K!!!...


         They're pretty when they're done!.....But they're really hard on my 'old lady' eyes and fingers!...




       This one (below) is a little bit larger, but not much!...



        I didn't put a button on this one.....at least not yet. Do you think it needs one?...I'm still debating on it.


        I'm making them to sell for the summer.....along with the key chains, which I still can't get my self motivated to refashion yet. ^_^ ...but I will!...I'm sure the will to do it is gonna come up at the most unexpected time...not now! LOL
       Okay.....I'm off to get my week started. We have a repairman coming today, to fix a leaky sink. And hubby and I are gonna do some studying at some point too. Something! ^_^ Have a good day, Everybody! :-) {I know you've seen this poem a few times, but if I have to have a song going over and over in my head.....you can read one over and over, right?! ^_^}

Its The Beat

The syncopated rhythm
of the tapping of your feet,
and the snapping of your fingers
to the systematic beat
make the music that you're  hearing
(that you think is kinda neat)
motivate your body's  swaying,
and you have to leave your seat;
Now you're dancing back and forth,
and causing rising body heat.
And it's all from a beat-
Yes, one syncopated beat! 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, so many beautiful brooches! I always marvel at the lovely yarns you use. I would think you must be like a kid in a candy store visiting the shop where you purchase the yarn. Selecting the buttons must be great fun as well. You really have a talent for putting wonderful pieces together, Debbie!

    I love your pretty red stray tulip. Surprises like that can really brighten your day.

    Stay cool in the heat. I guess Chicago is living up to its name, The Windy City. Currently we are experiencing 45mph wind gusts.

    Great poem, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww! Thank you so much, Julie! What a nice complement. :-) And you're exactly right about the threads and yarns. I'm like a kid in a candy store when I'm choosing what to put with what! And I'm STILL not always sure it's right...so I just keep doing it! ^_^ The buttons are ones I've collected over the years, or ones they were given to me as gifts. I LOVE every single one, but some of them are hard to part with...By the way, we're in the air conditioning, enjoying the experience. Not outside where the sweaty people are! LOL You hang onto the trees for dear life!! ^_^ Have a good day!

      Delete
  2. I got my tiny necklace today and just L.O.V.E. it! It is so delicate - Daniel thought it looked great on me! :) Being a crocheter myself - that is a lot of work - and such thin yarn and probably a tiny hook. I am impressed!!

    And you make me laugh with your song - in German, we call that kind of song and ear worm. A perfect expression for it!

    Stay cool!! Such weird weather...

    Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I'm so glad you got it and like it, Silke! And I knew you'd be able to appreciate it, being a crocheter yourself. And you're right...thin thread...and tiny crochet hook! W-O-R-K! ^_^ But work I love to do! :-] ... And you're right about the weather too...although I don't know what it feels like outside. Ahhhhhh! Air conditioning! :-)) Thanks for the nice words and feedback, Silke! Have a good rest of the day!

      Delete
  3. Oh my those necklaces are adorable! Love, love, love the colours of the necklace with the button. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ^_^ I'm on another one of my crochet flower making sprees. I'm trying to build inventory for a craft show. I'm thinking of doing one for the summer. (our summer, your winter. ^_^) I've got to get my jewelry SEEN! :-]

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^