Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's A Tie.......With A Cherry On Top!


       I'm gonna confess to you right up front that this post took a completely different turn last night from what I was gonna talk to you about this morning. I was gonna talk about the heat wave that's coming our way starting today....98 degrees expected today y'all! O_O...and the fa-bu amount of sleep I've been getting the last few days!
      I saw two things on my Etsy 'browse-through' that stopped me in my tracks! One was this gorgeous photo of the lone black and white cherry in my header photo...Why, oh why, can't I take photos like that?!! The kind that make people stop in their tracks! I just think that photo is gorgeous!
     I think the photo stopped me in my tracks because I was struggling with my own camera yesterday, trying to get photos of the new tie pins I made last night. Here's what I came up with.....and PLEASE don't even try to compare these photos to the cherry photo! Ugh!...


      I decided to make and sell two crochet lapel tie pins together. One a button-back, and one a fold-able fastener.


       I did a red set,...


          ...and a red and black variegated set...



       Yeah....I know! "Stick to crocheting, Wug!" LOL...Will do! Believe me, LesChouettes doesn't have anything to worry about with me! ^_^

      But, as I said, I saw TWO things on my Etsy 'browse-through'. The second thing caught my eye because I still haven't gotten hubby an anniversary gift yet!...I know! I know! But I'm having a hard time deciding on anything that would be as fabulous as having ME as a life partner!! LOL...He would love these though!...

   
      They're  Silkscreened circuit board ties by Cyberoptix!...How cool are they?!!...I love them!...And, as I do, when I see one thing in a shop that really catches my eye, I go wandering through that shop to see if there's anything else in there as good...When I did that in Cyberoptix...I found even cooler things!!! ^_^
     Hold on to your socks! If you are a man, or you have a man that dresses up on occasion, you're gonna get palpatations! ^_^ They have gorgeous ties! Narrow and skinny ties, Microfiber and silk ties, ties....ties....ties!! :-)
            


      Groomsmen ties...with a 'Phonograph print'!...


     An Oak tree...


         ...Topographical Error design...


      And, of course, FLOWERS!...Chrysanthemums to be exact! :-)



      Couldn't you see a wedding party 'decked out' in these ties?!! :-) ...And if ties aren't your thing, how about a bow tie (which is what my hubby loves for drama!)...This shop has bow ties to beat bow ties!!...

       I love this little teal peacock feather number!...


       But my favorite bow tie in their shop...and it's probably because I have a little affinity for Czech glass fly buttons, which I use on some of my crochet creations,...is this honeybees bow tie!...




            Oh Honey! ^_^ It's so cute!...And it comes in other colors too!...

      Coppery Brown...


      ...and Black!...


     Sooooo...yesterday it was that gorgeous vase, and today a two-fer, great photographs and great ties! :-) See what happens when I get enough sleep?! ^_^
      Here's hoping my sleep pattern continues...and that you all have a good day! Bzzzz! Bzzzz! :-)

 You Probably Don't Care!

I know you probably don't care,
but I will tell you anyway!
I mean, I have to talk about it.
It's what I do most every day!

I know you have your own things going,
and my things? You could care less.
But I have to spill it, talk,
share, converse, chat, or confess.

Don't you have some days like that,
when you just 'let down your hair'?
Well, today was that for me,
and it's okay if you don't care!

As you see, it didn't stop me.
I'm still talking, cracking wise.
You don't have to read about it.
You can cover up over your eyes.

10 comments:

  1. Hope you cope with the heat ok sweetie and get some rest at night. I just love the bee bowtie, so cool! have a great week.

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bee! :-] No worries about me dealing with the heat. I'm air conditioner laden! ^_^ ... And somehow, with a name like "Bee Happy" I knew you'd like the 'bee' bow tie! ^_^ Have a good day, Bee!

      Delete
  2. This simmer has been rough... too hot for my taste.
    Your creations are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I just heard on the news that we have had 4 heat waves this year already! 14 days of over 90 degrees!...and now here we go again! It's already 0 degrees and climbing today!...And thank you about the tie pins too. :-)

      Delete
  3. Wow Deb, you always find some eye cathcers. I love the ties. Love your poem today. That is why I do stop in and read your blog every day. Sometimes I just don't have the words to comment. Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Velma!...It's not hard to find eye catchers on Etsy. People are so creative!! Case in point, look at those ties!!...And thank you so much for the nice comments about my blog and poems!! I'm so glad you enjoy them. And no worries...it's not a requirement to comment here. :-) I enjoy it when you do though...Have a good day!

      Delete
  4. We're not only having that heatwave, but a drought on top of it!! We sure could use a break!
    What a wonderful shop you found! Makes me want to get married all over again! Those are some great ties! Love the lapel pins too!
    And I'm so glad you're catching up on sleep. Hope it keeps up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! The rain...well, no rain...thing is still going on, huh?! :-( Believe me, if I could send you some water from the sky...I WOULD!!...And yes that is a great tie shop! Thankfully we have enough weddings, dinners, assemblies and conventions around here to dress up every once in a while...without us having to actually get married all over again! ^_^ Although...I wouldn't mind that either! LOL...I'm glad you like my tie pins too! Thanks, Bead! :-)

      Delete
  5. I love those ties. What amazing finds they are! I can just see them being worn and how smart they would look.
    Sorry I haven't been visiting your blog lately. I am so far behind in my reading :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the ties too! :-) And no problem about the blog reading....I' following behind you now though, commenting on your comments! LOL

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^