Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Cake And Flowers Kind Of Sunday!


       All of a sudden, breaking the silence of a completely quiet house.....where there wasn't even a t.v. on because I was intensely concentrating on some crocheting...I heard the cake blender going at break-neck speed in the kitchen! O_O ... Yep! Mr. Wug was at it again! :-]
      I almost yelled out: "Hey! What you making?!" But when he sauntered past the door to the bedroom earlier he had a kind of coy look on his face that told me that he was trying to surprise me with something. It wasn't until I heard the blender that I realized that his surprise had something to do with baking. :-) I thought that maybe he was gonna surprise me by clearing out some of those boxes that we still haven't emptied since we moved here...but Uhhh...that apparently is a surprise for another day!! LOL 
     Anyway...while his blender was whirring and pots and pans were banging all over the kitchen, I was in the other room....finally awake, rested, and back in a crochet 'groove'! :-) ...


           ...I've been making lapel pins and boutonnieres for two days...with a little pause for the custom ordered flower keychain yesterday, which she loved by the way. Phew!! :-)
         
          ...I made two one-color pins, yellow and orange...



       ...I made some two-toned pins...orange and pink, orange and blue, and pink and white...




        ...I made a couple of random ones...pink and blue, and red and pink...



     ...and I also made two flower boutonnieres...blues and pinks...



        Can you tell I have a lot of pink thread that I'm trying to use up?! ^_^

     Silence! O_O ... The blender was no longer whirring. It had been quiet for quite a while. Then all of a sudden he came through the door and said: "You wanna take a picture of my cake?! ^_^ ...



      So I did!! :-) ...Don't look at it too closely though. It's pretty, but it's not as esthetically pleasing to the eye as it could be, with frosting all over the plate and knife and everything....*That's if you're one of those "food-should-be-as-good-to-look-at-as-to-taste" kind of people. :-) ...Uhhhh....I noticed it, so what does that tell you about me?! ^_^*
      All that was left was the tasting!...



      YUM!!!...It was lemon cake, with lemon frosting, and it had fresh cut strawberries on top! :-) ... "It's a winner, Honey!" :-) ... I'm sorry I can't share with you! But I'm still working on the "Smell-O-Puter" idea..."Taste-O-Puter" is waaaaaaay down the road somewhere!! LOL...Maybe I can take orders to lend out my baker!! ^_^


        As long as you pay airfare, do the dishes afterward, and let him take a break every once and a while to play a game of 'Spider-Solataire', he's in!! ^_^ Show him to your kitchen!!! ^_^

Cooking

Flipping, Frying,
Flambeing, Filleting,
Burning, Browning,
Paring, Pureeing.

Boiling, Baking,
Mixing, Making,
Simmering, Scaling,
Sifting, Shaking.

Cooking, Crackling,
Cutting, Coring,
Sprinkling, Spattering,
Patting, Pouring,

Broiling, Battering,
Steeping, Steaming,
Timing, Tossing,
Cubing, Creaming,

Slicing, Scrambling,
Turning, Toasting,
Melting, Measuring,
Rinsing, Roasting.

Dipping, Dicing,
Skimming, Sauteing,
Poaching, Peeling,
Mincing, Microwaving.

Gathering, Grilling
Basting, Barbecuing,
Hacking, Heating,
Scoring, Skewering.

Standing, Stirring,
Rough, Tough,
Kitchen, Ditching,
Had Enough!
       

6 comments:

  1. Cute poem! That cake does look good! I haven't had cake in a long time. I'm getting on the plane and I'll be there in a couple of hours >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ I hadn't had cake in a while either...especially not lemon cake! Soooo good!...I'll save you a piece. But I hope you don't have any long layovers!! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Isn't there a scripture about how a man who cooks for his wife is given a direct ticket to heaven? No? Well there should be! He's an angel to make such a yummy cake for you! Love lemon cake but haven't had one in a long time...however I hate to fly so I guess you'll just have to have a piece for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! Uhhh...No. There is no such scripture, Yaya...not in the regular Bible anyway! ^_^ And anyway, here's something that could spark further conversation, he has no interest in going to heaven! :-) He's got other plans!!

      Delete
  3. Wow that was a lovely surprise. I bet that cake tasted as good as it looked.
    I'm glad you have your crochet groove back. I love what you've made. Pink flowers always look pretty but I think your multi-coloured ones look the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it did, Jo....even better than it looked! :-] And thanks about the pink flowers. I have a bunch of lapel pins I need to photograph today...and list...*sigh*...I hate that part!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^