Thursday, January 17, 2013

Coffee...Oranges...Banana Pudding...and Snow!


        Ohhhh....coffee! I could sure use a cup this morning! I woke up with sleepy eyes, an ache in my body 'to beat the band', and this view (below) out my window...




      It snowed throughout the day yesterday. O_O Now the backyard has a blanket of the 'white stuff'. And it looks like we might have some ice on top of it this morning. I don't know for sure because...I'm not going anywhere near it!! LOL 
      Hubby will just have to tell me about it when he gets back. {He has to go out in it to get water for us this morning. (We drink bottled water...more for taste than anything. I don't like the creamy tasting water with the chlorine smell that we get through the pipes here at the house...except to cook with.)}
      Just looking at that snow makes me want a hot cup of coffee...and a vacation to sunny Hawaii! :-) I'm only gonna get one of those things today though...it's not 'virtual Friday' yet! ^_^

      I can get oranges though!...and you can too! Look!...


     It's a whole Orange treasury! :-) It was curated by Carla from KnitOneBead2...She included my latest necklace...


      Thanks, Carla! :-) ♥ 

     I also wanna share some oranges with you...oranges from the treasury I mean. :-) ...





      You can click on the above treasury to go over and see the rest of the orange shops if you like...Me?...I'm gonna move on to banana pudding! :-)

      Banana pudding, 'Wug'?!....Yes! Banana pudding! ^_^ My husband made some yesterday...between doing....Oops! I almost 'let the cat out of the bag'!! LOL I'll tell you all about what he's been doing tomorrow! ^_^ Right now I just wanna show you his banana pudding!...




      Have you ever had banana pudding?!...If so, you'll be able to see right away that hubby's banana pudding is not 'from scratch'. It's missing the bowl that shows you the layers of pudding, bananas, and vanilla wafers that normally go into a banana pudding. Well, honestly, it's missing the layers all together...and it's missing the real bananas too! LOL What can I say... 'From scratch' is up 'my' cooking alley, not his! ^_^ ...but even so...it was pretty good!! :-)
     He made it with a box vanilla pudding and a store-bought graham cracker crust! Look at him, being all creative!! ^_^ He's being creative in other ways too! :-) ...Tomorrow!...Tomorrow!...I'll tell you all about it tomorrow!! ^_^ ...Okay, that cup of coffee is calling me! ^_^ ... Before I go though, congratulations to crochetdyverse! :-) She was the only one to comment on my 1,000th blog post yesterday...and therefore the winner of my framed poem! :-) ... Just waiting for the shipping info and it'll be on it's way to you!! (I left you a comment about it on the comment you left yesterday.)
      Okay....talkie, talkie...OUT!! ^_^ Have a good day, Everybody! :-)

Reasons To Smile

I don't really need a reason,
to let out a great big grin;
But I do from time to time,
just to exercise my chin.

Sometimes I do it just to see
what reaction I will get,
in the places where I've gone,
and the people that I've met.

Sometimes it's just for me!
To amuse some silly thought;
Or to show just how excited
I have been at what I bought.

Sometimes a smile can change my mood,
when weather forecasts make me blue;
Or when I see a baby playing!
Oh yes! Oh Yes! I smile then too!

Truth is, I really don't need a reason.
Frowns, just frankly, aren't my style.
I could sit and write about it,
But even that would make me smile.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/17/2013

    You certainly are quite a writer Debbie!! I'm very impressed!!

    Jocel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww!..Thanks Jocel! :-) That's really sweet of you to say!...I don't think about it that much. I just talk!! LOL Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I'm drooling Deb!! I want some banana pudding! It's been years since I've had some!! Guess I'll just be happy with split pea soup for dinner with Caesar salad.--- no dessert. :(
    I love the picks in that treasury! Great color and congrats on that too~
    Can't wait to hear about what your hubby's been up to. I need to photograph some things to show you what I've been up to too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ Back away from your computer with that drool, Bead! Ha! Ha! But I do know what you mean!...My drool cravings have moved on now, though...to return again soon I'm sure!! ^_^ ... And hurry up and photograph what you're working on!!...*bouncing up and down!*...I can't wait to see!!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^