Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Me And The Chickens...And Music!!


      I'm 'up with the chickens today', meaning that I got up before the sun did! ^_^ That doesn't mean I slept well though. Ohhhh Nooooo! O_O In fact, I have a headache and pains upon pains at the moment!! Usually that means that we're gonna get rain or snow! ^_^ My body tells the weather like that! But I'll have to turn the television on and check in a minute.
      Part of my earliness has to do with the fact that I have plans with a girlfriend today and I wanna be prepared....as prepared as an old paining lady can be these days! :-)) Part of my preparation involved making sure I got my blog up before she came! :-)
      There's no 'biggies' going on otherwise...except that my red and salmon orange boutonniere was chosen for a treasury! :-) ...


(Treasury curated by Ilene from Corydora)

      The lumbar pillow in my header photo, and these sweet 'babies'...


      ...were both in her treasury too! :-) ...Hey! They aren't 'Uno's' Chicago Style Pizza....but I can eat some chocolate buttons!!! ^_^

     I also wanted to show you a couple of other things that 'weren't' in the treasury. I just found them on my Etsy search...



       I was gonna wait until tomorrow to show those to you, but.....I didn't! LOL It'll just have to be something else tomorrow....like, for instance, a certain blueberry and country blue custom scarf! ^_^ Yes! I finally got started on it! And, believe it or not, I think I might be through with it by tonight!! :-]
       With the big crochet hook I'm using, I'm ♫ movin'...movin' movin' ♫!!! Ha! Ha!...Moving so much that I had forgotten that I started another purple men's boutonniere the other day, and I didn't finish it!! ^_^ I saw it sitting there on the box last night when I moved one of the skeins of yarn...*shaking my head*...So needless to say, I'm gonna have to interrupt myself from the scarf and finish the boutonniere, and get it listed in the Wuglyees shop!
      I have to....because the purple boutonnieres seem to go out of the shop as fast as I put them in there!...The last customer that bought one emailed me to ask if I would like a picture of him wearing the boutonniere for my Etsy shop! I said.....Uhhhh.....well.......Uh, YEAH!!! ^_^
       As I've said in the past...I LOVE my customers!! :-)

     Okay...since I left you with the Beatles yesterday, I think I'll leave you with the Beatles today too! :-))


     Do yourself a favor and go and check out the clock shop though! I almost couldn't tear myself out of there!!! LOL

      Okay, okay! I'll leave you some actual music too! ^_^ Not the Beatles this time though. I saw a documentary on our public access channel the other night about Paul Simon's trip to South Africa years ago. The music was soooooo nice! :-) I decided to share some of their reunion concert with you...and a very familiar poem!...I hope you ENJOY it!!...and have a good rest of the day too!

 Its The Beat

The syncopated rhythm
of the tapping of your feet,
and the snapping of your fingers
to the systematic beat
make the music that you're  hearing
(that you think is kinda neat)
motivate your body's  swaying,
and you have to leave your seat;
Now you're dancing back and forth,
and causing rising body heat.
And it's all from a beat-
Yes, one syncopated beat!
       

6 comments:

  1. lovely boutonnire ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb
    Hope you had a very nice holiday season.
    I've been so distant to the blog world. I'm trying my best to keep up, but can't yet.
    Wish you a beautiful 2013 and thank you for always supporting me.

    ps: my blog address has changed:
    http://priscilapeters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Priscila!...You're not the only one that's slowed down in blogland! A lot of people are taking some time off. I totally understand!...I just visited your new web address...NICE! :-)

      Delete
  3. I love that poem! AND I LOVE that Beatles clock!! Thanks for sharing! I hope you had a wonderful time with your friend today too.
    See you tomorrow and hopefully we'll see that scarf too!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that poem is a favorite of yours, Bead! ^_^ And I'm with you about the Beatles clock. I LOVE it too!!...Yes, I did have a great day with my friend. Very productive! She may have a new BS!! :-) ... Have a good night, my friend! Hopefully I'll have the scarf ready to show tomorrow!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^