Friday, February 1, 2013

This Time 'Virtual' Date Night Is A Long Weekend!


    I was gonna try to play coy about where hubby and I were going for our 'virtual' date night, but my mind is so in football gear that you'd probably be able to figure it out anyway! ^_^ We're heading south...to 'The Big Easy'!...New Orleans, Louisiana!! :-)


    We're heading that way for a long weekend...ending on Sunday with the Super Bowl football game between the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49ers!! :-) ... Yes, I know. Neither one of these teams is from New Orleans. :-)) ...New Orleans' team, the New Orleans Saints didn't make it to the big game this year. New Orleans is just playing host this year.
     Okay, let's face it...I don't know why they chose New Orleans for the Super Bowl...except that those New Orleans people know how to throw a big party!! And the Super Bowl is a BIG party!! ^_^ 
      New Orleans knows good music when it sees it. And it knows good food too!!...



       YUM! :-) ... And speaking of yum, hubby started our date out right this morning with a 'smash-up' breakfast in bed!...*That's part of the reason I'm so late posting this morning!* :-) He made me steak with gravy, fresh string beans and a mashed potato for breakfast!! ^_^ It was sooooooo good!!...I think things bode well for lunch, and then for dinner in New Orleans! ;-) ... One thing's for sure...I'm gonna need at least one more nap before the day is over!!...


     Before I take off to get my day started though, let me share the treasury I found my red boutonniere in...


      It's entitled 'NATTY or nice? Some men can be both!'...
 

      According to Richard, the treasury's curator, 'natty' is defined as  "trimly neat and tidy: smart, as in  'natty clothes' or a 'natty' dresser"...I find it kinda cool that my men's boutonniere is considered to fit the category of 'natty'. :-]
     Now I guess I have to start thinking about getting my hubby a pair of these 'natty' Vintage 1950's 60's Men's Wayfarer Style Mario Deluxe Brand Eyeglasses!! :-) ...


     They're from ifoundgallery... Yeah, I think my honey could pull these off....kinda. :-)) ... Hey! If he can pull off long johns under corduroys, along with a puffy winter coat, he can pull off a pair of cool sunglasses!...just saying! ^_^

     Okay, I'm off!...Have a good Friday, and a great weekend, Everybody!! :-)

Where would we be without music?

Where would we be without music?
Don't answer. I don't want to know!
The thought of no guitar or back beat,
no humming or tapping of toe!

What umph would there be to commercials?
What excitement for games yet to play?!
What missing movie's anticipation
that the  'Dun Dun Dun' would happily say?!

How would new mommies rock their babies,
and calm them to put them to sleep?
Without music the world would be screaming,
but the ocean of silence would be deep.

So, where would we be without music?
In a world with no brain cells to link.
In a big room with nothing to do,
and a bunch of poor folks that don't blink!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Deb, you won my giveaway on my blog..I had a giveaway for the "Grow your blog party" and I decided to give 2 gifts..one for new followers and one for my regular blog buddies. I'm so glad you won and I hope you like what I'm sending...just email me your address! Now go and have a fun date and enjoy the game too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Yaya!!....Yes, I know I won!! I already saw it and sent you my info. I'm so excited about it! ^_^ Thank you so much!!...Off to catch a 'virtual' plane for my date now. ;-] Have a good night!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^