Thursday, February 7, 2013

Ooooooo! I Got Gifts!!!! :-)


       WOW! I have so much to share with you today that I didn't know where to start! But after a short 'ping' to my brain, it was clear that apple bread was the sure place to start! ^_^


    One of my 'bestie' girlfriends came over and spent the day with me, and she was toting this gift of a loaf of 'hot-from-the-oven' apple bread!!!! YUM! :-)
 

     If you think it looks good...you're absolutely right!!! ^_^ But, as good as it looks, that has nothing on the way it tastes! IT-IS-DE-LICIOUS!!!! :-) ... Hubby and I may, or may not, have had more than one piece...We may, or may not, have toasted some, and put cream cheese on it too!...Okay. no maybes...WE DID! :-) And IT-WAS-DE-LICIOUS...ER!!!!...if that was even possible! Ha! Ha!...♥ Thank you, Kari!!!!!! ♥

     That was only one gift she was toting though! :-) She also gave me two skeins of beautiful turquoise and white fashion yarn that she found on sale!...



       It's so soft!!
 
   
      It's not gonna be yarn that I can use on a whole boutonniere because it has these little cotton puffs on it...


     But it could make a great edging for a scarf, right?! :-) ... Just because I'm 'me' though, I am gonna make a boutonniere and put a row of this pretty yarn around the edge, for the wedding section of my Wuglyees shop...if it works! :-] I think a fancy boutonniere for a man's wedding would be appropriate....Are you with me?! O_O

     Believe it or not though, these weren't the only gifts I received yesterday! :-) I also got a wonderful gift in the mail!!...



     ...A BIG package...that came 'Priority' mail!!...
 

    I knew it was coming, because Yaya, of 'Whispering Pines' blog, told me about it! :-) ... I was one of the winners of her Double Giveaway! :-) ...



      I won a beautiful plate, and a candle, and a flower bloom candle holder!!! :-) ... Below are my pictures after I carefully unwrapped my 'FABU' gift!!...




     The candle holder stand is very sturdy, and the candle smells sooooo good!! :-)

      And then there was the signed plate!!...



    It's soooo beautiful!!...


      ...and it has a bird!...


     ...And a flower!! :-] ... I had to 'stop and smell it'...sorta! ^_^ Thank you so much, Yaya!! I LOVE IT...everything!!! :-) And I know the other winner, Jennifer, will too!!

      Great gifts, right?! :-) But believe it or not, that wasn't my only gifts yesterday!! :-) ... I also got a gift of a visit from a pretty black and white woodpecker to my suet bird feeder!...



    It's hard to see, but I put the arrow there so that if you click the picture to make it larger you'll at least know where to look! ^_^

     Wait!...There's more!! ^_^ ... Hubby spent all day Sunday in the kitchen. He made stew and pork roast, and.....and....


     ...a surprise gift of an apple/cherry pie!...deep dish style. :-) YUM!
 


     Thank you, honey! ♥♥♥

     So there you are! All kinds of fabulous gifts I got over the last couple of days. :-) ... Unfortunately, we're about to get a gift that I wish I could send back! Grrr! A HUGE snow storm is heading toward the northeast for Friday. O_O I fear we're gonna be snow-trapped again!! {I wrote a poem about the last time it happened. It's below.}
      The weather forecasters say two systems are slamming into each other...whatever that means!...and our area is slated to get anywhere from 12 to 18 inches of snow!! More than a foot!!!...Boston, a short distance away, is gonna get 24 inches!...two feet!!! O_O YIKES!!
     Get prepared, people!!!! O_O ... Make sure you have your perishables ready, batteries, and whatever else you need...just in case!...If I could, I would re-gift this one....fast!!! ^_^ ... Have a good day, everybody! :-)

 Snow TRAPPED!

TRAPPED! Another snow storm!
Will this "STUFF" never end?!
We've be walloped, punched, and socked,
and now?! Another one on the chin!

'Adding insult to the injury',
there will be an inch of ice!
I guess winter thought we needed
just a little 'SCARY' spice!

Do I sound bitter? Sick of it?
About to lose my snowed-in mind?!
Well, that would be correct!
That is, the brain cells I can find!

TRAPPED! Sick of snow,
and it's icicles everywhere!
Good thing I have crochet!
It will replace my pulled out hair!

12 comments:

  1. Oooooooooo....aaaaaaaa....you got some great gifts!! I want some of that apple bread and some of that pie too!!! *drool*
    Nice giveaway gift too! You had an exciting day yesterday for sure!
    We're in for a LOT of snow today too. Heavy, wet and downright messy!! It wasn't supposed to start till this afternoon, but guess what? It's here!! I have to run to the store so I'm out of here soon.
    As for the woodpecker....those downy woodpeckers hate to have the photos taken. I used to get them all the time in the winter in my tree in the backyard and as soon as I brought out my camera....zoom....he's gone!! EVERY time!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Bead! I 'did' get good gifts, didn't I!! I sure wish you were here so that I could share some of my desserts with you!!! Does it help you to know that I ate enough for the two of us?! ^_^ ... As to the snow, I just heard that the amount we get may be more than they thought! O_O We're gonna really get hammered!!! You are too, it seems! :-( Be careful, my friend! And have a good 'snow day'! ^_^

      Delete
  2. I do pity you with all that snow...I'm feeling your pain! I'm also hoping it's not going to show up here! We've actually had sun 2 days in a row...that's happiness! I'm so glad you received your gift..I do hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy your blog and friendship. I now must tell you a story. A young lady at our Church works at a pre-school. She was talking to the young kiddos about what makes them happy. She mentioned how "Halloween" might be something that would make them happy...all little kiddos love Halloween, right? Well, not exactly. One of her little guys immediately said: "I don't like Halloween".."Why? she asked".."Because Jehovah doesn't like Halloween"..he went on to testify to the class about Jehovah and what he loves and doesn't love people to do. My friend was brought to tears by his knowledge and love and testimony..and he's only 5! I just had to tell you after I read your poem in the previous post. Stay safe and warm and I hope you don't get as much snow as predicted. I'm sooooo ready for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yaya!...I'm not gonna talk about that snow!!! LOL Ugh!...Instead I'm gonna tell you that you made my evening with your comment. And I, like your friend, am sitting here in tears! My little 5 year old friend reminded me of Jesus' words about how 'out of the mouth of babes he would furnish praise'. :-) {Matthew 21:16} I wish I knew his mom so that I could tell her that her hard work is reaching a receptive and loving little heart. ♥ Thank you so much for sharing that with me!!! ♥ It's giving me something to smile about now that storm Nemo is barreling down on us...By the way, I'm glad you appreciated my poem yesterday too! I'm certainly appreciating my gifts!!! :-) They are much prettier in person. I just have to find the perfect place in here to show them off!! ^_^ ... Okay, enjoy your sunshine, Yaya. :-] And if you need some snow...just let me know. We're gonna have PLENTY!!! lol

      Delete
    2. What a beautiful experience Yaya!! As PoetessWug said, it warms my heart too to see your little ones love Jehovah as much as we do. Thank you for sharing that experience! :D

      Delete
    3. I totally agree, Cindy! :-)

      Delete
  3. aahh such a warm post today your gifts are all lovely that candle holder is so sweet as is the blue wool. Have a lovely weekend, dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dee! :-) It was a wonderful Giveaway gift, and everything else was wonderful too!!

      Delete
  4. I love being snowed in. I always feel like baking something. Now I wish I had the fixings for a cherry apple pie.
    Stay warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ Too bad hubby couldn't send you one of his cherry/apple pies!...Although baking during a snow storm is the best!!!...YOU stay warm and cozy too!

      Delete
  5. It's almost my lunchtime and that apple bread and beautiful pie are SO tempting--- wow!!

    Congrats on your wonderful gifts from YaYa-- love her---she's such a nice lady---

    Love love love that yarn!!!!!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ Too bad I couldn't share it with you, Vicki! It was so good!...the key word being "was"!! ^_^ ... By the way, I agree with you about Yaya too!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^