Sunday, May 5, 2013

"LIFE"......It's Moving On!

        As a woman in the middle of my life now...so to speak! :-) ...I've found out a few things about life. And I'm gonna take this Sunday morning to tell you about a couple of them. :-] ...One thing is that 'Life' is gonna move on no matter what you do, think, or say!
    'Life' doesn't care if you had a bad hair day, birthed a baby, buried your best friend, cooked the best meal you ever had, started a new job, got fired, ate a whole box of vanilla wafers, or lost all of your teeth in a fishing accident...*don't ask*...'Life' is going to MOVE ON!!!! LOL


      'Life' is gonna keep coming at you with season after season, snow, wind, rain and growing trees and flowers...


    Even when the neighbor's little toddler girl picks every one of the flowers...
 

      ...life just moves the next seedlings into place, and grows some more! :-) And grows them in a different color and kind!!...Aren't they pretty?! :-) Hubby and I saw them along the edge of the woods this morning. I made him go out and take a picture of them before 'little one' saw them and decided she wanted grandma to wobble her up the edge of the woods to just 'LOOK' at them!....Uh huh!...Yeah, right!! ^_^  {If you don't know what I'm talking about, you have to read the post I did a couple of days ago HERE.}

     'Life' also has a way of bundling up it's treasures and dispensing them one-at-a -time...even Etsy treasures! :-) ..."Look So Pretty!"


     Thanks for adding my hat to your treasury, Cathy! :-) ...


     'Life' also has a way of letting you know that even when your year hasn't been so good...lost a job, health not cooperating, money dwindling, sales down, and death and illnesses all around you with the people you love...it will get better! :-] You will recover!...You can adjust!...And you will be useful, even if it's in a different way than you expected!...Case in point... 


      Hubby was o his way to the store the other day and saw this truck! :-) This is the company he used to work for...but this is an OLD version of the truck he drove. In fact this truck preceded his time even!


     The company went out of business now, so he couldn't figure out why this truck was out in front of one of the stores! O_O ... But then he saw the front of it and it all became crystal clear! ^_^ ...


     The old 'Hostess' cupcake truck was apparently bought by someone 'second hand'.....it looks more like '7th hand!' ^_^ ...and they transformed it into a snow plow!!!! ^_^


     'LIFE!'.....it's gonna move on!...and if you sit still too long you might end up being a snow plow!!! LOL....Message received, life!! ^_^ I'm off to have my pancakes and get a move on!!!! ^_^ I may even get some time to play today!! ... You have a good one too! :-)

Do You Play?!

I had some 'Play Time' in my youth,
back when my hips could take the heat.
I couldn't wait to find someone
that I could race, chase down, or beat!

How many times did I 'Hopscotch',
play some marbles, skip a rock?
And a game of 'Tag' could go
until you couldn't see the clock!

All my games were very active.
So much energy, people! WOW?!
But things have changed. It's different,
because I'm so much older now!

I still have 'Play Time' at my age,
but the games are slow and rare.
I like board games, playing cards,
things you do right from your chair.

The games I watch can't be too long.
I'll fall asleep! I'm kind of nod-dy.
And I have to use my mind.
No running round now with this body.

I play with things like yarn,
and with hooks...even thread.
And I play with pen and pencil,
pulling poems from my head.

Whichever way, I have to play!
It's my excuse to have a laugh.
I just have to keep it slow.
Don't want a charlie-horse in my calf! 

2 comments:

  1. Many times I'm happy when "life" moves on because it's better to move forward than be stuck in the muck of the where I was! (did that line even make sense?)Anyway, I do hope the future days are brighter and you and hubby come out on top! That truck is the best example of recycling I've ever seen! It also reminded me that my brother used to work for Hostess when he lived in Iowa..he did move on to a different job that he loved and this year he retired. He went through many tough days too. His wife died of cancer 2-1/2yrs ago. He remarried in Nov. of last year..now she has cancer that she's fighting. It's amazing how we continue to fight even when "life" keeps giving those knock-out punches....I hope your week is filled with good things Deb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaya, my hubby said: "WOW!...Just when you think your shoes are tight, you find out that other people's shoes are tighter!! O_O"

      And I'm with you about most of the time being happy that life is just moving on...but lately it's been trying to put us in quicksand! LOL Thankfully we have lots of spiritual support, and the knowledge that it soon will be all better! That makes the 'bad' of it bearable. :-] I'm feeling for your brother though....WOW!!! Talk about a knock!! O_O Going through a cancer diagnosis with someone you love one time is bad enough!! But two times.....YOWZA! Tell him he can go to JW.org for all kinds of encouragement in the quiet times. It's certainly helping us!!...Get ready for another week of life coming at ya, Yaya!! :-] I hope it's a good one!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^