Saturday, June 29, 2013

Sticky...To Oppressive?!!


      We opened the bedroom shades this morning to let the sunshine in, but uhhhhh....what we got was darkness...clouds...fog....and rain. O_O When we turned on the weather channel to see how long this wetness was gonna last, we heard the weather man's accessment..."sticky to oppressive today"... Ugh!!
     The only good thing about this kind of weather is that the plants and flowers around here LOVE it!!! :-] ...






     The new growth starts popping up!...and the regular regulars...
 



    ...start looking up!! :-)

     Well, as soon as I get the numbness out of my half awake body parts, and get some breakfast into me, I'll start looking up too!! ^_^
 


      Later this afternoon I'm gonna get back to the business of crocheting custom brooches! :-) My customer let me know some more specifics about what she likes....YAY!! Now I know what to do!...and I'm happy to have some direction to be the 'worker bee' I wanna be!! ^_^
       I did finish some other lady's brooches though...



    These will go into the Wuglyees shop later today, or tomorrow, for $12.00 each...What do you think?!

      By the way, I just saw some DMC variegated thread!...in all kinds of pretty colors!!!! EXCITED!!!!! :-) I ordered a few little skeins so I can try them out...Just think! Crochet flowers in variegated colors...and maybe with polka dot buttons!!!!!! ^_^ Stay tuned!!




     Have a happy Saturday...or whatever day it is where you are! ^_^ Just enjoy the weekend, Y'all!!...Maybe watch some tennis too! I will!!! ^_^
 

Beauty 

The sun is peeking through.
Its beam is flowing to the ground.
The Autumn at it's new peak,
and the leaves are fluttering down.

A baby girl's joyous laughing,
legs and arms kicking everywhere.
A mother, when she's nursing,
playing with her baby's hair.

The gentle rain, when falling
on a southern old tin roof.
A toddler's gap-faced grinning,
when they've lost their first front tooth.

A man with long, bow legs,
walking slowly down the street.
A colorful spring flower,
visited by a bumble bee.

A person who is kind,
and smiles at everyone they meet.
An artist's painted picture,
with the last brush stroke complete.

An "I love you" that's said
just because they wanted to;
and the person that gives hugs
when they hear an "I love you".
(And there's  other beauty too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^