Friday, July 19, 2013

A Little This.........A Little That!

     Yeah!...I'm starting my 'Virtual' Friday Date Night blog post today with a beautiful photo of somewhere cool...watery...vacation-y...Ahhhhhhhh! :-) Oh Yeah! We have to go 'THERE!'...NOW!! ^_^ And we will!! LOL
      Actually, 'ANYWHERE' is better than Holyoke in a heatwave!!^_^ Yep! We're still ♫ having a heatwave ♫, and it's suppose to actually be hotter today than it's been any of the other days!...up to 100 degrees maybe!!...*gulp!* O_O
    My mother-in-law must've been sweltering!! O_O She must have been sweltering when she was in the house, I mean, because part of the day she was in the dentist's office! O_O YIKES! Which is worst...having your house the temperature of the right hand side of the sun, or sitting in a dentist's chair, having them tell you that you need a root canal and a crown that costs a gazillion dollars?!! O_O

      In other news, I just saw on the news that the city of Detroit Michigan is filing for bankruptcy! O_O WOW!...In the first place, I didn't know that cities could file for bankruptcy!...and in the second place, how sad is it that the place with the nickname "The Motor City", (because of it's automotive center), and "Motown" (Oooooo! The music!!!),  could go bankrupt after giving a lot of us such 'rich' history!! :-(

       Something else that was interesting was this chart about the differences between how men and women see color!...


     I'm sure that not everyone will agree with this...but in the Wug household...it's soooooo true!!! ^_^ Hubby sees 'one' color, not shades of color!...and sometimes even the colors themselves get blurred. For instance, pink and red are the same color to him. And sometimes with the two colors right next to each other he still can't see the difference!
    I can't tell you how many times I've been filling an order and asked hubby to hand me the red one, or the wine red one, or the brick red one, or the blood red one, or the orange red one, etc....and ended up instead with a hubby glare! ^_^
      I thank Happy Mango Beads for letting me see the chart. She shared it on her Facebook page. :-) ... By the way, I took a quick look at HappyMangoBeads Etsy shop too! :-) I found these gorgeous beads!...


        Hmmm...I wonder what color hubby would say these gorgeous beads are?! :-)

       Lastly, for today, I spent some time crocheting some variegated  boutonnieres yesterday, for my Wuglyees shop...



Baby Pink Variegated...


And...Violet Variegated...


      There's all kinds of other stuff I could talk to you about today!...but I won't. ^_^ I'll give you a break so you can go off and plan your weekend...just like me!! ^_^ But I will leave you with one of the cutest videos I've seen in a while. Be prepared to "Awwwwwww!"




Have a good weekend Y'all!!!! :-)

Weekend

Weekend Folderol;
Lollygagging, having fun;
Makes working up to Friday
worth the paperwork you've done.

Your job, all week, came first,
but now it's time for a little jaunt;
or to lay around the house
and just do nothing, if you want!

A little this. A little that.
A bit of fun had out of doors.
A little weeding in the garden.
And a little bit of chores.

Some weekend folderol,
all alone or with your friends.
Or some chit chat with your neighbors,
new acquaintances or kin.

A Weekend that's all planned,,
or simply finding things to do;
Because every Monday will be back
and you'll need something to look forward to! 

4 comments:

  1. First off, hubby said I couldn't have picked a better week to be sick (like I picked it!) since it's been so stifling hot...and humid!! Thank you AC!! I can't imagine how horrible it must have been for your mother in law. I heard that this week is typically the hottest week of the summer...now that it's behind (almost) us, it's time to move on!!
    I loved that color chart!! So true!!! EXCEPT...we have a friend who paints for a living and guess what...he DOES know his colors!! But he's the exception for sure!! My hubby is like yours! LOL
    I'm lovin' those beads from Happy Mango. I have WAY too many beads already or might be tempted! LOL And I love the varigated boutonnieres too! Especially the purple one! WOW!
    Keep it up my friend and keep up the sales too! Have a wonderful day and date night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha!...You have a good 'picker' if you actually picked this week ahead of time to be sick!! ^_^ I know you didn't though, because I know where you would rather be!! :-) ... And YAY for color challenged husbands, huh?! LOL Enjoy your weekend with your handsome hubby!...You're welcome, Phil! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Your posts are always such a delight! Seeing the picture of the harbor makes me long to be home again. Hopefully someday we'll be able to move back. Have a great weekend and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! :-) Thank you, Teresa! I'm glad you enjoy my posts...And that harbor makes me long for 'cool'! ^_^ I'm gonna try to get and stay cool all weekend! You do the same!...and ENJOY!! :-]

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^