Wednesday, July 17, 2013

News...Like A Pinwheel!


      You know...life comes at me in the same way that it comes at everyone else....fast, and sometimes HARD! And looking at the world news reminds me just how fortunate I am to have the support I have in order to get through it every day!!
       Yes, I know that my getting through it sometimes looks like I'm being silly...ridiculous...or even down right 'wonky!' ^_^ But, in all honesty...I'm thankful for that!! I mean, what's the alternative?!...Sadness?...Depression?...Downheartedness?! O_O ...Nahhhhh! I don't have time...or the inclination...for that! Smiles are too cheap to come by! :-)
       That's why this morning when the news was talking about the prolonged heatwave, a man catching a shark with his bare hands, a bride setting her bridal gown on fire...with her in it! O_O ...Stevie Wonder saying he wasn't gonna perform in Florida again until a particular law changed, and protest marches everywhere!...I found me some pinwheels to smile about!! ^_^


     Pinwheels, you say!? O_O I know...it seems strange. But it's not as strange as it seems when you look at how cute they are...


      ...and then I tell you that I was crocheting some pinwheel boutonnieres yesterday! :-) ...


      Yep!....Now you're saying: "Ohhhhhhhhhh! She's got an ulterior motive to talk about pinwheels!!!" ^_^



    Yes...yes I do!! ^_^ And the reason is because my customer was raving about my pinwheel boutonnieres! He says that he knows that as soon as his friends see his boutonniere, they're gonna be coming to my shop looking for them! ^_^ ...
 


     Well...I hope he's right! I could sure use some sales right about now!!! :-] So, I made this blue one  yesterday!...
 



     If I start to get more sales of them, prepare to see a switch from women's brooches and men's regular lapel pins, to pinwheel boutonnieres! ^_^ I go where the money is, people!! LOL

      In other news, ♫ We're having a heat wave...! ♫ And because of it, my mother-in-law is coming over today to get into some air conditioning for a while! I'm looking forward to spending the day with her!! :-)
        Wanna know how exciting this is for my hubby?! ^_^ Well, I was in my bedroom watching an episode of 'House Hunters' (an HGTV show about people looking for new homes), and crocheting, and I looked up and saw hubby coming down the hallway, and heading into the bathroom, with rubber gloves on, and cleaning supplies in his hands! O_O ...Okay...what's going on?!!!
     We have a lady that comes and cleans the house for us, so he usually doesn't clean the bathroom!! O_O So, I asked him: "What's Up?!"....He said: "What?! O_O" ...(Husbands!!!!!!) What does he mean: "What?!" *shaking my head*...Anyway!...7 minutes of back and forth conversation later, he confesses that because his mom cleaned for a living, he doesn't want her to come over to our house and feel like she has to clean. 
       He wants her to come in and just relax.....Awwwwwwwww!...That's why I love him so much, Y'all!! :-) He's got an annoying side...a goofy side....a downright aggravating side....and a sappy side....but when the loving side shows up it's AMAZING!!!!...and it puts all of the other sides to shame! :-]

     I'm off to think up something really good for 'virtual' date night this week!! ^_^ Have a good day, Everybody!!

I Am Thankful

I am thankful I can breathe
when I wake up every day;
I am thankful I have time
in which I can spend to pray.

I am thankful that my husband
is a good, hard-working man;
I am thankful I can write
with a steady flowing hand.

I am thankful for good friends,
who are always there for me;
I am thankful for my ears,
and the sunsets I can see.

2 comments:

  1. I love that blue boutonniere!! Great color! You've been really getting into the great colors lately! No doubt your customer WILL get you more business!! I hope you get a positive response from that company too.
    Have a nice visit today with your mom in law and stay cool. I'm spending yet another day nursing this cold and cough. Glad to have AC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bead!! :-) And yeah...I hope we get ANY response from the company, but so far....nothing!! :-( I think it might be a bust...Oh Well!...I'm sorry your cold is still ongoing. Stay cool, and keep on nursing it!! ♥

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^