Sunday, August 4, 2013

Pancake Sunday!...'Colorful and Different' Style!


      Guess what?...Unlike last Sunday, when I decided not to actually have pancakes on Pancake Sunday (deciding to have catfish and grits instead!), this Sunday....it's PANCAKES, people!!!! ^_^
      I'm not having a ton of pancakes though. My stomach is still in a state of YUM from last night's dinner! :-) A dear friend of ours made us a homemade lasagne and collard greens!!! YUM!!! It was so good that we're looking forward to dinner leftovers, at the same time as we're getting ready for Sunday pancake breakfast! ^_^
      I'll show you my pancakes in a minute. First I wanna show you the colorful, wonderful, and different things I found in my Sunday morning Etsy search! :-) ... 

Such pretty planters!...


Such different wine glasses!...


...and wine bottle holder!...

 

Such a different necklace!...Great for cat lovers! :-) ...

 
Such a wonderful backpack!...


...and a colorful backpack also, from the same shop!...


And last, but not least, BISCUITS!! :-)


       I know....I know! They're not pancakes. :-) But after watching Trisha Yearwood and Ree Drummond's cooking shows yesterday morning....both of whom were making biscuits!...I just had to share! ^_^
     'These' are my pancakes!!...


     Butter on top, 'Aunt Jemima' syrup on the side, and drool coming down my chin! ^_^ I'm gonna sit quiet with my hubby this morning and enjoy!!! I hope you enjoy your breakfast too...whatever you have...or don't have! LOL

Sitting Quiet

I love just sitting quiet,
letting silence be my friend.
I'm not afraid to be alone,
and hear my breathing out and in.

With no T.V. on, or music,
just some thinking done, with me,
In a world where quiet reading
is now called "activity".

There's no reason to be scared,
or to need all kinds of noise,
to create some kind of chaos,
or to look for games and toys;

Just a quiet low lit room,
where I ponder my life course,
where I think of plans ahead,
but no thoughts I have to force.

Just me, still, and sitting quiet.
Nothing altering my mood.
No smoke wafting at my sinus,
no one mad or being rude.

Can you turn off all the gadgets?
Can you hear your own self sigh?
If you cannot take the quiet,
You should stop and wonder why!

2 comments:

  1. Nice finds! Love the wine holder!! Enjoy your pancakes and your meeting! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy! :-] I enjoyed these items too...especially the wine holder!...Pancakes and meeting...GOOD!! :-)

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^