Monday, September 16, 2013

"Pretty Girl!"...Sometimes You Just Need To Talk To Yourself!!


       Let's forget it's Monday, and let's just talk. :-) Did you see the header title?!...Do you ever do this?!...talk to yourself, I mean?!...Does it usually end up to be a good conversation?! ^_^ Are you wondering why I would ask such a silly question?!.....STOP TALKING TO YOURSEL!! Ha! Ha!
      Okay...I'll tell you why I asked...The reason is because I started talking to myself last night after I asked my husband a silly question...A question that probably every wife, at some time or the other, has asked her husband: "Do you think I'm pretty?!"
      First, let me tell you why I asked!...I was watching something last night...honestly, I can't even remember what it was now!...My brain! UGH!...and the girl was talking about the different categories of girls there are in the world. She said there's the 'fat girl', and the 'pretty girl', and we all fit into one or the other!...*blink! blink!*
      Now, of course I don't believe that!! How ridiculous!!!...But for some reason the question of whether I'm a pretty girl or not got stuck in my head!...What?! O_O ... You KNOW I wasn't wondering about the other kind of girl, don't you?!!!!!...NO! LOL
      Anyway!...back to my question. I said: "Honey, tell the truth now, do you think I'm pretty?!"...


      Before he answered me I started talking to myself... "What are you....CRAZY?!! Why would you ask him that?! I mean...what is he gonna say?...'Oh No, Baby, you're not pretty at all!'?!...No! He wouldn't say that!! He's not that 'outta his mind!' LOL
      But guess what he said...after he stared at me for a minute to make sure I really wanted to hear what he was about to say?!....He said: "No..."


       O_O (Talking to myself.)..."WOW!!...He really is outta his mind!! ^_^ Although wait a minute...you 'did' ask!...And if you couldn't take the truth, you shouldn't have asked!...Besides, there's worse things to have your husband say about you than 'you're not pretty!'...What am I saying?!...No there isn't!!! Grrr!"
      "Okay...so I'm not pretty! Big deal!! :-)) It's not like he's going anywhere! We've been married for over 30 years! Pretty or not he's stuck with my 'ugly' self now!! LOL"

     But while I was talking to myself, he was still deep in thought. In fact the whole conversation with myself only took about 30 seconds! :-) All of a sudden he started talking again...it was more like he was finishing his thought.
     He said: "No...I don't think of you as pretty. Pretty is not the right word.....Ummmm...I think of you as 'lovely'...But lovely is only what you look like...I think of you as 'beautiful from the inside out!"...


       ;_; Yes...he made me cry...There I was being silly, and thinking that he and I would get into another one of 'THOSE' conversations. The conversations we usually get into that usually end up in us being silly!...and instead... I backed into a complement that I never saw coming! :-] I have to say...whether I'm talking to myself or not!...WOW! I was pleasantly surprised!
      Clearly, this was something that he had thought about before! I could tell that from the deepness of the rest of the conversation...which I will not be repeating. :-) ... So, here's the moral of my story: If you ask the question...be prepared to hear the worse, but if you hear the best....kiss your husband!!! ^_^ KISS YOUR HUSBAND!!!...That's what I said to myself...^_^...and then I did it!!!!


      Have a good day, Everybody!! :-) I know I will, with my 'lovely' self!!!!

Reasons To Smile

I don't really need a reason,
to let out a great big grin;
But I do from time to time,
just to exercise my chin.

Sometimes I do it just to see
what reaction I will get,
in the places where I've gone,
and the people that I've met.

Sometimes it's just for me!
To amuse some silly thought;
Or to show just how excited
I have been at what I bought.

Sometimes a smile can change my mood,
when weather forecasts make me blue;
Or when I see a baby playing!
Oh yes! Oh Yes! I smile then too!

Truth is, I really don't need a reason.
Frowns just,frankly, aren't my style.
I could sit and write about it,
But even that would make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^