Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I Can Hardly 'BEAR' Saying Goodbye!


      Hello Y'all!...I'm in a weird mood today. I got an invitation to one of my best friend's going away parties...she's moving to Florida :-( ...and I'm losing the mental battle of trying to be in denial about it. And the reason I'm losing the battle is because she did something that brought a lot of memories from the back of my mind...to the front of my mind, in a teary reality that I'm not ready to acknowledge.
      So, before I tell you what she did...I need to sit down. :-] ...


      Thankfully, I can always find a good place to sit down on Etsy! ^_^ These are some of the cutest chairs ever!!...



      The above one has FLOWERS!!! :-) I love it!...I wish I could afford to get it! I have the perfect spot for it!...Well, really, I could find a spot for all of them!! :-)) I'd just have to get rid of some non-essential, memory-holding...broken!...furniture! LOL

      Okay...now that I'm seated, let me tell you what my friend did...She called...we chatted...I cried...Then she asked if I wanted the crochet supplies and yarn that she has leftover in her house. She didn't want to take it to Florida with her. :-( Florida!!!!! ;_;
      Then she asked if I wanted a doll that she made. I use to admire it in her house. She made and painted it 20 years ago. It's of an older lady in her cooking apron. I can't show it to you because it's a dark color and there's not enough light in here so that you'd be able to see the detail of it...Maybe some other time.
      But when I opened the box to get the doll, I noticed that she had sent along a couple of other things too!!...One was this other hand-painted doll...Well, 'bear'-doll...




      I had to manipulate the lighting of this one on Picassa. I'm surprised that it lit up at all! I couldn't really see it when I took the picture! ^_^ I only saw an outline!! :-))
      This is what it looks like from the back...



      And the flexible feet are adorable!!!...
 



     She also gave me something else...Or should I say, gave me something back! I'll show that to you on another day too. It's something I made years ago. She wants me to have it back because she says she wouldn't need it in Florida...Frankly, I think it's more of a connection thing between the two of us. ;_; You'll know what I mean when I tell you the story...later.
      Hubby just brought me a coffee and a breakfast sandwich. So off I go...to eat! :-) Have a good day, Everybody!

Beauty 

The sun is peeking through.
Its beam is flowing to the ground.
The Autumn at it's new peak,
and the leaves are fluttering down.

A baby girl's joyous laughing,
legs and arms kicking everywhere.
A mother, when she's  nursing,
playing with her baby's  hair.

The gentle rain, when falling
on a southern old tin roof.
A toddler's gap-faced grinning,
when they've  lost their first front tooth.

A man with long, bow legs,
walking slowly down the street.
A colorful spring flower,
visited by a bumble bee.

A person who is kind,
and smiles at everyone they meet.
An artist's painted picture,
with the last brush stroke complete.

An "I love you" that's said
just because they wanted to;
and the person that gives hugs
when they hear an "I love you".
(And there's  other beauty too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^