Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Ears Talk!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/152005748/vintage-tennis-racquet-sterling-silver?ref=favs_view_4

     I don't usually lead my blog post with tennis talk on days 'after' a major tennis tournament has passed by. But I'm doing it this morning because I came across this cute tennis bracelet on Etsy this morning (in the header photo), and I just had to share! :-) Clearly, tennis is still floating around in the blue spaces of my brain! ^_^
     What I really wanna talk about today is not tennis, but ears...Ears Talk! :-) You know, those funny shaped things on the side of your head. Well...on humans they're on the side of the head! On animals they're......! O_O I digress.
      Back to ears!!...Have you, like myself, ever sometimes wondered if they're used for the purpose they were intended, or as much as they should be?! Case in point, when I'm trying to talk to my hubby while there is a football game on...Uhhhh...ears are useless! ^_^ He literally stops being able to hear!...Hear me, that is!...He does hear referee calls, quarterback plays being screamed, commentator's jokes, and football tackles!:-))... But not me asking him to pass the remote...or to get me a glass of water because I have a terrible...*cough! cough!*... tickle in my throat. (which he also didn't hear, even though I was hacking and coughing for 20 minutes!! LOL)
       Thankfully, I know for a fact that he does still hear though!!...^_^...as long as there's nothing beeping, flashing, or blinking at him, trying to distract him! Bad, bad gadgets!! ^_^ LOL...The truth is, my ears aren't as good as they used to be either! I'm finding that if I'm doing one thing...like writing a blog post, for instance...^_^...my husband can talk to me until he's blue!...and I don't hear him. O_O
      I used to be such an easy multi-tasker! Now...I'm like a one-handed jump-roper! LOL And when too much noise is going on I'm becoming like a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs...NERVOUS!! ^_^ Deaf...and nervous! Doesn't that make getting older sound appealing?!....NOT!! LOL
      But here's the good news!...my ears are still as cute as ever!! ^_^ Especially when they're dressed up and have cute earrings on 'em! :-) And I try to dress 'em up as much as I can...to distract away from that lack-of-hearing thing! LOL..."Oh, she's as deaf as can be...but those sure are cute earrings she's wearing!"...What I hear them say is....nothing! But I see them staring at me and smiling! ^_^ That is as it should be, I say!! ^_^

https://www.etsy.com/listing/167955114/rustic-jewelry-earring-studs-blue-ocher?ref=favs_view_2

https://www.etsy.com/listing/177275304/valentines-day-earrings-flower-dangle?ref=favs_view_1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/90038977/abstract-art-polymer-clay-earrings?ref=favs_view_3

      One of these days, soon, I'll talk about my husband's eyes. His eyes that have an amazing 'glue'!...An amazing glue that makes them stick staringly to tv screens, football statistics that scroll across the bottom of the ESPN sports channel, and my forehead, when the story I'm telling him is not interesting to him, and is going on waaaay too long for his liking! ^_^ ... But 'eyes talk' is for another day!! LOL
       Today it's about ears. :-) Speaking of which, ears are good for music too! :-) I think I'll go and listen to some!! ^_^

https://www.etsy.com/listing/125041175/rustic-wedding-decoration-boutonniere?ref=favs_view_12

       Have a good day, Everybody!! :-)

Let's talk about our bad

Let's talk about what we've done bad.
Not talk about what we did right.
Let's talk about what we have messed up.
Not what's been clearly black and white.

All the photos that we''ve taken,
that we want no one to see.
All the cakes that fell apart.
Things that deserved apology.

It's easy rolling out our 'good'.
We do that every single day.
But Oooo! The 'bad' things we destroy
we quickly want to put away!

So, let's be bigger than our 'bad'.
Let's see some beauty in 'mistake'.
Let's give a pause to being 'perfect',
and give ourselves a little break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^