Friday, January 17, 2014

One Less Pea In My Pod...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/125146500/2-peas-in-a-pod-fork-hand-stamped?ref=favs_view_1

     Please forgive me today, but I only have one thing that I want to talk about today...and it's not tennis....I lost my friend last night. :-( I woke up this morning and realized that the next time I see something really funny on television, or my husband says something funny that makes me laugh...and makes me remember how much my hubby is just like her late husband...I won't be able to call her and giggle with her about it.
      I remembered that there are some times that her and I have shared over the years that no one else knows about...or knows the REAL story about!...except me and my 'bestie'...and now.... I am the only one that knows. :-(
      We have been two peas in a pod...two women who could not be more different...or more the same...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/105806138/crochet-lapel-pin-and-brooch-set-of-2?ref=shop_home_active_10

      I am very glad that she is no longer in pain. Her pain has been a constant thing on my mind for about two years now. :-( The fact that she was able to endure it and still care about all of the important things in life...her God, her family, and her friends...says a lot about the kind of woman she was...and the kind of God Jehovah was, to illicit such devotion from her.
      It's gonna be a long day...for all of us who knew her. ;'_'; The photo below was a recent photo that my hubby took of her when she was in the hospital...I wasn't able to go and visit her because of my health. So my hubby took my love to her for me. She was not in good shape, but you would never have known it from this picture...which she sent to me...


     She sent me a 'sign language' sign of "I Love You". :-]  She knew how to talk to me, even when we didn't have our 'ears' on each other. ^_^
      I know that mine was not the only friendship that she nurtured...and I feel sad for them today too. :-( We'll miss her terribly! But we'll see her again. Death is a thief...but not a thief that my God cannot recover the goods from!! I look forward to new and interesting conversations with my friend in the future...but in the interim, I will miss her voice and smile. ♥

Love Fills The Holes

Isn't  it wondrous,
this life that we live,
the holes we fill up
from the love that we give?

Even the hard times
make wonders abound,
because of the memories
of times safe and sound.

The good times, they come,
they fill us, they flow
and leave behind a smile,
like the hard rain's  rainbow.

So, its the love that keeps growing,
that adds wonder to life;
because no matter how peaceful,
or how full of strife,

Isn't  it wondrous,
this life that we live!
Cherish it always-
for the holes it will fill.

2 comments:

  1. Deb, sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend. You and her family are in my prayers. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^