Sunday, April 6, 2014

Another 'Pancake Sunday' Has Flown The Coop!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/94402022/bird-photography-the-art-of-staying?ref=favs_view_3

      I know it's 'Pancake Sunday' in our house, but I wasn't in the mood for pancakes today. I was in the mood for chicken wings! ^_^ I know...crazy! But it's not that crazy when you realize that we had Chinese food for dinner last night...egg rolls, lo mein, and yes, chicken wings!! :-)
      So having them for breakfast didn't seem like that big of a stretch!...Go ahead, judge me!...as if you've never had leftover Chinese food for breakfast. Humph!! :-)) ... I know you have!!! LOL And guess what?...I put hot sauce on it too!!! ^_^ And I had a cup of coffee!...I'm just living dangerously up in here!! LOL

      Actually I'm just trying to enjoy my 'awake time' as long as I can. I slept most of yesterday away! :-] And the sun is so pretty in the backyard this morning!...Birds are chirping and pruning their beaks on the tree outside my window, and I can see GRASS in the yard. YAY!!! :-) I think the sunnier weather may finally be trying to hang around...even though it's due to rain tomorrow. Ugh! But at least it's not 'the white stuff'!!...I don't dare say the word. It might start sno......! OOPS! I almost said it!! ^_^

https://www.etsy.com/listing/172885454/too-dear-two-deer-deer-painting-deer?ref=favs_view_2

      Let's just leave the 'white stuff' for beautiful paintings, shall we! ^_^

      Okay...I'm watching some 'Davis Cup' tennis matches on 'The Tennis Channel' right now. And this afternoon we have our regular meeting at the Kingdom Hall. If I can stay awake long enough, it might just be a good day! :-) I hope it is for you too!!

5 Smile-able things:

1. Sunshine in the backyard!!! YAY!

2. A blue jay flitting back and forth in the tree, even though the suet feeder hasn't had any food in it for at least 3 weeks now! (We're getting them ready for the transition to the hummingbird feeder. ^_^)

3. Leftover Chinese food, and hot coffee for breakfast...eaten with my honey bear. ♥

4. UCONN basketball...they won!...last night, and tennis on tv this morning! :-) Oh yeah, smaile-able!! ^_^

5. A chat with my sister this morning...she's coming for a visit next week! :-)

      It's a great day for faith, hope, and love...and a chicken wing or two, isn't it?! ♥ Have a good one, Y'all!! :-]

Sunday Mornings

Sunday mornings are for quiet,
and for music in your ears.
Not for fretting over business,
or for struggle, or for tears.

Sunday mornings are for worship,
or for time to just relax.
Not for schedules that need keeping,
or for dealing with the 'Quacks'!

Sunday mornings are for slowness,
sipping on a cup of 'Joe';
Getting ready for the new week,
when you have to 'Go! Go! Go!'

Sunday mornings are for birds,
crows and woodpeckers alike.
Or for pancakes on the griddle,
or for snowy morning hikes.

Sunday mornings are for color,
and for spousal 'chitter chat',
and for doing a bit of reading,
or writing poems that end like.....that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^