Friday, May 23, 2014

YAY!! My Project Is All Done!!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/159804614/good-morning-beautiful-coffee-spoon-stir?ref=favs_view_1

      I have to start today's post with an apology that I missed my post yesterday. I was busy! :-] I'll show you what I was busy with in a minute. But first I wanna say: "Happy Virtual Date Day" to my hubby. ♥ And I also wanna share something really cute for you creative jewelry makers out there! :-) ...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/186097719/vintage-style-teardrop-bead-dangle-charm?ref=favs_view_10

      I found this Etsy shop, with the cutest drop charm dangles!!...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/177416315/vintage-style-czech-coin-brown-tortoise?ref=favs_view_9

      They'd make some great focal points for any piece of jewelry!...but I can just see them...in my mind's eye...on my crochet flower necklaces! ^_^ How pretty they are!!...And so colorful! :-)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/186086162/vintage-style-copper-and-czech-coin-deep?ref=favs_view_8

      I haven't been making as many crochet necklaces lately. But I have been re-fashioning some of my 'expired' brooches into crochet necklaces! Something.....ANYTHING!...to try to get that expired list GONE!! :-] ... I think I may need to have a 50% off sale!...SOON!!

      Okay...let me show you my latest finished product! :-) ... Last time I showed it to you, it looked like this...



      
       Obviously it's a tissue box cover. :-) But what I liked about this project so much was that after it's finished it doesn't exactly look like a tissue box!...I found the pattern for it in one of my old crochet pattern books. It's from the year 2000...14 years ago!
      Finishing it involved a lot of tedious, focused, work!! It also involved using fiberfill, some of my old vintage buttons, and some ribbon! :-) These (below)  are a few of the accessories!...


      But here's the finished project! :-) ...
 

      It's creation won a first prize, the magazine said. :-) I can see why!!...

       
      Crocheting the sofa arm, and sewing it into place, and then making those little decorative pillows, was INTENSE!!! O_O And, for me, a ONE TIME PROJECT!!! O_O It reminded me of the hard work I put into making my 'Baby Wuglyee' crocheted bear!!! YIKES! And you know I'm 'never' doing that again!! :-))


      The funny thing for me was when I went to do a 'crochet tissue box' search on Etsy...to get a feel for how much I should charge for my tissue box. O_O Wanna see what I found?!...
 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/184932315/sofa-tissue-box-cover-crochet-pattern?ref=favs_view_3

      I saw the pattern being sold! O_O I didn't even know that the magazine that held the pattern was out of print!!...But I do now! :-) And if you wanna make the tissue box yourself, you can get the pattern by clicking the above photo and following it over to the Etsy shop that's selling it! :-)

        Something else that I found in my search is that I'm not the only one that had the bright idea to try making this sofa tissue box! :-) Take a look!...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/169690215/crochet-couch-tissue-box-cover-with?ref=favs_view_7

https://www.etsy.com/listing/70279834/tissue-box-cover-man-cave-decor-crochet?ref=favs_view_4

https://www.etsy.com/listing/161865955/fun-retro-doll-sofa-crochet-tissue-box?ref=favs_view_5

https://www.etsy.com/listing/86186170/sofa-tissue-box-cover?ref=favs_view_6

https://www.etsy.com/listing/93405665/sofa-tissue-box-covers?ref=favs_view_2

      And every one of them is as cute as can be!! :-) Although I'm kinda partial to mine still. Is it any wonder?! I spent days on it!!! ^_^ ...


      Oh! The shipping of it is gonna be a challenge. O_O But ship it, I will!!! ^_^ ... After we get back from our trip I mean!...Yes! It 'is' still Friday!! ^_^ Have a good rest of the weekend, Everybody! ♥

All The Things I Love

If I listed all the things I've loved
I could rattle on forever!
Whether by 'order of importance'
or by a poeticly quick endeavor.

Right now it's Tennis...Well, all sports,
and reading informative magazines.
And crocheting, food and music.
Well..that might be in my genes!

I've loved teaching and line dancing,
So many things in my short life.
But I've never jumped from a plane,
or wittled anything with a knife!

With every passing moon
I find some other thing I love.
Whether grassy patterns on my lawn,
or phenomenal skies above.

Yes, if I listed all the things I loved
my words could fill all space,
It comes from curiosity,
and an Ooo-ing Awww-ing place! 

4 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, Thank so much for including me in your post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always my pleasure to share! :-] I'm glad you enjoyed it. Have a good weekend! :-]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome - love the bead charms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the post, Kate! :-]

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^