Sunday, July 27, 2014

Who Doesn't Have A Port In A Storm?!!


       We're in the midst of a very bad storm right now. Well...actually, we're kinda sorta on the tail end of it. Otherwise I wouldn't be here talking to you in such a way as to allow my hands to be touching the computer!! LOL I'm kinda 'scaredy-cat' like that!! ^_^
      Or is it just leftover memories from my childhood? O_O In Georgia, whenever a bad storm with thunder and lightening came through we'd have to turn off all the lights, unplug anything electric, and wait it out. NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TOOK!! O_O I can remember going to bed thinking: "Is this it?! Does this mean we have to stay in bed for the rest of the night now?!" O_O Ugh!
      





      When we stayed with my grandmother on the outskirts of town it was easier when we had bad storms, because she had a huge porch that wrapped around the outside of the house that we could play on! And she didn't have that many electrical things that needed unplugging anyway! ^_^ Even her kitchen had a wood stove!
      The only thing we had to make sure of when we knew a storm was coming was that there was enough wood inside the house! :-] It was tough to keep warm with no fire going! ^_^
 


      Anyway! That's enough of the 'down memory road' thing! :-)) ... Back to the storm in my 'current' backyard! LOL
 




      Thankfully, we didn't get much of the predicted 60 mile an hour winds they thought we were gonna get, or the hail! O_O Although I could tell that the hummingbirds didn't think the lightening, pouring rain, and darkness was all that much fun!! LOL...Nor did we!! ^_^
 

      Lastly, let me show you where my bridal shawl is now! :-) 
 


      A few more rows and it'll be done! :-) 

      Okay...that's all I got for now! :-) What do you have?!...Anything interesting that you're making?...Anything interesting going on over the weekend?!...Come on, SPILL IT!! LOL

Describe The Sky

Evoking awe and bouts of wonder.
Such inspiration, you just want to cry.
With birds high-flying, and winds a blowing,
what words would you use to describe the sky?

Would you say, whether clouds are upon it,
that it blankets a wondrous space?
Or would you be more awed and humbled,
hoping there you would find God's face?

I would say that when standing quiet,
looking up at the sun or moon,
there's a feeling of peaceful oneness
that I hope won't go away too soon.

Evoking bouts of awe and wonder
was probably what it was designed to do;
That is, besides giving off light and weather,
and the most spectacular view!

2 comments:

  1. We had a tornado warning out for tonight but it's over and I think we escaped with just some rain for now...more on the way! We don't need anymore! Hope your storms stay mild and you can continue on the computer without fear of being "zapped"! Good night Deb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yaya!...Sorry I didn't get to reply to your comment yesterday...And now I can report that our area also had a tornado touch down yesterday! O_O It was outside of Boston. Caused a lot of damage. My sister-in-law lives in the area and we're still waiting to hear from her. O_O I'm sure she's okay though...As for this week?!...There's no rain or storms in the forecast! ^_^ So no 'zapping' anticipated! LOL

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^