Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sisters And Backyards!


      In the photo above is the look of my backyard before the new 'improvements' over the last couple of days. Actually this is a photo from last year, I think!...If you'll notice, the flowers in the little garden were in full bloom. As was the tree where my birds...hummingbirds, robins, cardinals, blue jays, etc...hung out.
      The main difference to the backyard right now is the tree. It no longer exists...*sigh*...It seemed like a good idea at the moment, to cut it down I mean. But now that I'm looking out into the backyard, without any view-blocker, I'm not so sure.
      I'm feeling nostalgic already for the white blossoms that would appear on the tree for a short period of time every Spring, and for the birdie noise-makers waaaay too early in the morning!...Not to mention the wind whipping the limbs around during storms, and the edging of 'the white stuff' on the bare limbs in the winter...



      But on a good note, after yesterday's 'haul-away' of old foliage and branches, weeds and dead leaves, the backyard won't need hubby's attention for quite a while!...


      But the bad side of that is that there's nothing much out there to get 'anybody's' attention right now anyway! O_O ...
 

      I pulled my blinds up so that you can see what I see now when I look out the window.......NOT MUCH, right?!...
 

      It's gonna take some getting use to, for sure!!!

      But wait!...'what light through yonder window breaks?' :-)) ... Is that some color in 'them there' woods?!!!! :-) ...



      Yes!...I believe it is!! ^_^
  



      Thank You!!! :-) Something of interest 'IS' still out there!!...And the part of the garden below the window has signs of growth too!...
 


      But the poor tree......*sigh*.....is but a distant 'stumpy' memory! LOL...
 

      And now that there's no tree to cling too, I'm getting visitors clinging to my window screens! O_O ...
 

      My husband calls this one (above) a 'stink-bug'. I don't know if that's his official name, but, if so, it's certainly an appropriate name for the bug, and for the scenery!...because.....at the moment, they both stink!! LOL

      Any way!...Moving on!! ^_^ I have some good news to share! I found out yesterday that one of my sisters...{a fleshy sister....not a spiritual sister.}...has taken up the crocheting bug along with me! ^_^ She, along with a group of friends of hers, is making large blankets though. The type you put on your bed!!
      She's not doing them to sell. She just likes to give them away. Hmmm...she sounds a lot like I did back when I first starting making my 'ugly wuglyee' scarves! ^_^ I just wanted to use up the yarn I had laying around, so that it wouldn't go to waste. And make some 'love gifts' along the way. No obligations. Nobody waiting for me to make a particular thing, in a particular time period.
      Of course, my 'stash of handmade stuff' started piling up!! ^_^ Then a friend suggested that maybe I should try to sell some of it...you know...to make room for hubby's stuff to survive in our house! LOL And so it began!!...Wuglyees was born! :-) Now I can't sell it fast enough!...No, really...it's not selling fast enough!....HELP!! LOL
       The other part of the sister news is that I'm sending her the beginnings of the book I wrote about fifteen years ago...to read...and...*gulp!*...critique!! O_O What am I, CRAZY?!!!! LOL There aren't but a handful of people who I've even let touch the cover of my book!! It's like a mother's newborn to me! I mean, you know it's not the cutest thing you've ever seen in your life, but your love for it abounds beyond measure!!! :-)
      Add to this the fact that the part of the book my sister is gonna read is my deepest feelings about her herself and WOW!!!!....Yep!....CRAZY!!!!! That's me alright! LOL I hope she doesn't get upset! O_O Although my love for my sister is beyond my crazy writing, for sure!!...And I've sworn her to secrecy as far as anybody else's eyes being put on it!...*gulp!*...She can be trusted, right?!.....RIGHT?!!!! O_O ....Ha! Ha! I'll take my chances.

      Okay...I'm off to do a little crocheting, have some lunch, take a nap, and then get ready for my meeting...in that order. ^_^ What are you doing this fine bare-backyard Sunday?!! ^_^ Whatever it is, Have a good one!! ♥

Sisters

Sisters-on the family curve
sometimes just get on your nerve;
But, sisters will a purpose serve,
they will your life preserve.

Sisters-sometimes they're at war;
and sometimes they "do" go to far.
All sisters want to be the star-
not follow where you are!

Sisters-they don't care a bit!
When fighting they will never quit!
But, sisters, all your jokes they get;
and, when with you, they fit!

Sisters-are your family.
Sisters, see the things you see;
Sisters, knew the girl you'd be,
and set your spirit free.

Sisters-beside you they live;
and sometimes drain you, like a sieve;
But sisters, their last dime will give,
and will your bad forgive.

Sisters-no one else can knock;
and wow!-the memories they unlock.
A sisters smile can stop the clock-
'cause sisters "They Just Rock!"

Parents-with the seasons flow.
Boyfriends-they will come and go.
Brothers-by your side will grow.
But, sisters ease your woe;
and one shared heart you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^