Friday, January 23, 2015

'Virtual Date', Tennis...And Football?!!!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/103486093/australian-open-tennis-love-wall-art?ref=favs_view_2

      Soooooo...when you're a tennis lover, like myself, and you've been watching tennis for a whole week...without talking about it non-stop on your blog, I might add!...what do you think you wanna talk about all day long Friday with your hubby, on your regular 'virtual' date night?! ^_^ You guessed it! Tennis!! ♥ And when you have a great date night partner, like I do, he'll let ya!! :-)
      Of course, talking doesn't always happen! ^_^ And when that's the case, there are some perks to having a wife who is preoccupied when Australian Open tennis time comes! And here's what they are:

     1. Quiet! :-) ... Your usually attentive wife is not asking you every 15 minutes: "What are you doing?"
     2. Peace! :-) ... You can take naps, eat Chitos, watch tv...holding the remote!! ^_^ ...drink orange juice out of the carton, and waste enormous amounts of time doing...NOTHING!...without anyone caring!! LOL
     3. Cooking!...You can try new recipes {*hubby is making some kind of apple bread right now!* O_O}, ... or you can make your...regularly sneaked...grilled tuna with tomatoes, hot peppers, and potato chips...along with massive amounts of mayonnaise...YUCK!!! LOL...without your wife giving you the 'stink-face' and trying to wipe the mayonnaise out of the corner of your drooling mouth!...YUCK!!! ^_^ 
     4. Lack of needed communication skills!...You can just say "WOW, Baby!"..."Yep!"...or "I think so."...without worrying about what you're saying, because any conversation actually coming your way right now is just your wife trying to let you know that you still matter to her......Not that she actually wants to talk to you!! LOL
     5. Camaraderie, without teamsmanship! :-) ... In other words, you can cuddle right next to your wife, watch tennis too, or just take a nap....using ALL of the cover for yourself!...without chastisement! ^_^ In fact, you might get a little pat or a backrub during the commercial breaks of a good game!! :-)
      And lastly, you get to spend your 'virtual' Friday date night with your shoes off, PJs on, and yet still be in Australia! :-) ... This is a particularly wonderful perk because right now, here in Holyoke Massachusetts, we're preparing for a snow storm that's due to come our way tomorrow. O_O With temperatures barely above the freezing mark, and snow on the way, sitting in 'virtual' Australia in the hot sun, with crowds of other tennis lovers, is just how you have a great date night with your tennis loving wife!! ^_^

      Okay...enough of that silliness!! ^_^ Let me show you how far my artsy berry blue hat has come!...

https://www.etsy.com/shop/wuglyees?section_id=5871790&ref=shopsection_leftnav_1

https://www.etsy.com/shop/wuglyees?section_id=5871790&ref=shopsection_leftnav_1

https://www.etsy.com/shop/wuglyees?section_id=5871790&ref=shopsection_leftnav_1

      I only have about six more rows to do, and then it'll be all about the artsy applique! :-) I have lots of sewing on and placement prep to do in that regard. But I'll have plenty of time to do it too, with the snowstorm keeping hubby home, and me not being able to work on....*looking left and right to see if hubby is reading over my shoulder*...a certain pair of crochet football slippers! :-)
       I did sneak some photos of how they look right now....*Shhhhhhhh!*...This is part of the side...



      And this is one of the slipper soles...
 


      And yes, I am making them for 'Big Foot'! LOL...My husband wears a 12 or 13 size shoe!!! ^_^ ...My girlfriend and I are making football slippers at the same time. She's making a pair for her little boy...size 8 1/2. She has both of her shoe soles done already!! :-)) So, needless to say, it's taking me waaaaay longer to do mine!! LOL
      I've been hiding them from hubby and messing with his head too!! LOL I told him my girlfriend was making a pair for her little boy, and he said: "WHATTTTT???!!!! O_O You mean her little boy is gonna have a pair before me?! O_O I thought you said you were gonna make me a pair?!!"...I said: "Awwww! Don't worry honey, I'm still gonna make you a pair......eventually." Ha! Ha!
      It's kinda wrong that I'm letting him sulk off and be so disappointed, isn't it?! ^_^ But I think he'll forgive me when I hand them to him on 'SUPERBOWL Sunday'!!!! ^_^ That's coming up on February 1, 2015!!! :-) ... I guess that means I better try to find ways to get 'Big Foot' out of this house after this storm passes!! LOL
     Okay, I'm done talking now! ^_^ Have a good 'Date Night' or weekend, Everybody!! ♥

Eclectic Tastes

I've got eclectic tastes.
Yes I do! That's what I said!
I'm not afraid of being different,
Country raised and city bred.

If it's pretty, then I'm in,
but just as fast I can be out,
because I don't like what the hoopla
about some things is all about!

I think different can be cool,
in many colors, not just white.
And not just worn by 'one person',
with a body shape just right.

It's good to have 'eclectic' tastes,
and to just be who 'you' are!
But be careful, because 'eclectic'
quickly can become 'Too Far'!!      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^