Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Heat Wave.....'Sweet' Wave!!!! LOL


     It almost looks like candy, doesn't it?...the brooch in the header photo, I mean! ^_^ Maybe it's just me! LOL I 'have' had candy on the brain today! You can blame hubby for that though. He bought a little bag of 'Mary Jane's' last night, and I started down 'memory road' as soon as I saw him eating them! :-)
      I think I told you guys a while back about the little neighborhood store that was down the lane from where I lived as a little girl. The store where we would go almost every morning before school and buy penny candy! Ummmmmmm! :-) Oh! The 'hot balls', 'pixie stix', 'squirrel nuts', 'Mike 'N Ikes', etc.....!!!!!! ^_^
       ANYWAY!!!! LOL Hubby gave me one or two, or eight, of his peanut buttery caramel 'Mary Janes'...Ummmmmmmm!...and all is now well! :-) Except that everything in the house is starting to look sweet and delicious!! LOL
      Now what was I talking about?! O_O ... Oh Yeah! My now finished crochet tote bag!! ^_^  ...
 

     Don't look at the photos too closely. They're not very good! But, in my defense, it's very hard to make deep green look good!...especially in yarn!...No matter how I laid it, propped it up, or positioned it...it still didn't get proper justice. O_O 
 


     And I'm actually very happy with this one! :-] I put a lot of love into this bag. It has a sewn on flower, button, and beaded 'candy-style' brooch! :-) And it's actually two whole totes crocheted one inside the other!...instead of settling for a flimsy tote with no lining! Even the handle straps are doubled! It's a very substantial and soon-to-be-practically-used-by-someone tote! ^_^

     And no sooner did I finish it than another project was in the works!! :-) ...
 


     My girlfriend brought me a bag of yarn that was given to her by her aunt, and I got started on a gift scarf for her right away! :-) You always should show yourself thankful when someone gives you something fabulous for FREE, right?!!! ^_^
 

     And if somebody out there wants to give me a bag of penny candy for free....Oooooo! Just watch me be thankful!!...or in a sweaty sugar coma!....(We're in the midst of a minor heat wave here in Massachusetts right now.).....Whichever comes first! ^_^

     Have a good rest of the day, Everybody!! ♥

Candy Rhyme

It's not right...I know,
to start your day with a chocolate face;
But the M&Ms with peanuts
gave my dream such a lovely taste.

It got me really thinking
about the candies of my youth,
like "Pixie Stix" and "Twizzlers",
WOW! I had such a big 'Sweet Tooth'!

I remember in the playground,
trading candy like a stock.
It's a wonder you never hear
of kids going into "candy shock"!

'Hershey's with almonds',
'Kit Kats' and 'Peanut Bars';
Chocolate 'Reese's cups',
'3 Musketeers' and 'Mars'.

'Pay Days', 'Sugar Babies',
'Nestle's Crunch' and 'Heath Bars' too;
'York Peppermint patties',
because hard candies just won't do.

'Snickers', 'Milky Way',
'Butterfinger', Raisinets';
All that chocolate, good for me,
but not good for household pets!

'Twix', 'Reese's Pieces',
'Almond Joy', and Oh Yeah!, 'Mounds';
'Tootsie Rolls' and 'Whoppers'
I could eat them by the pounds!

'Dove Bar', 'Now or Laters',
'Laffy Taffy', 'Zagnut', 'Skor'.
Okay, I'm gonna stop now,
but there's plenty, plenty more!

Now that I'm grown up
I don't eat candy all the time.
Instead, I have sweet dreams of it,
and write a candy rhyme!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^